So, I was about to purchase a new computer and I get in the check out that you no longer accept my so called pre paid debit card, even though it's better than a bank, but it actually is.  I've had it for years and spent over $5,000 at QVC using it and now I can't. Such a shame to be losing a long time customer.  And I don't want to hear apply for your credit card.  It should be based on how your customer's past history is with you.  I understand people are out to rip everyone off, but like I said if I have paid in full everything I purchased, no late payments ever then I should be able to use it.  Thanks for letting me vent!!  

Trusted Contributor

BUH bye!

Honored Contributor

This is probably a case of a few deadbeats ruining things for everybody.   A large organization really can't do case by case,  they have to treat everyone equally.   I can see why there might be a problem with pre-paid debit cards.   It's like having cash in your pocket with no assurance it'll be there next month or the next. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Is is possible there may be a "hold" on your card.....maybe for airline tickets or a hotel reservation?   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

You are not providing us with the specific reason you cannot use the card.  Surely they gave you a reason why you can't use the card anymore.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

This is probably a case of a few deadbeats ruining things for everybody.   A large organization really can't do case by case,  they have to treat everyone equally.   I can see why there might be a problem with pre-paid debit cards.   It's like having cash in your pocket with no assurance it'll be there next month or the next. 

@Kachina624

I agree with you. Just because the 1st ez pay amount is there, there's no guarantee to the company that the subsequent ezpay amounts will be month after month, till the item is paid off.

I'm surprised they ever did accept ezpays on pre-paid cards, for that reason.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

THe possibility that the money may not be available for subsequent EZ Pays is always a potential,risk for any merchant who offers this type of credit regardless of whether the payment method is a pre-paid debit card, a regular debit card tied to a checking account or even a credit card where a customer could run the card up to the limit with other purchases and leave no room for future EZ pays to be approved.  I fail to see any difference.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Respected Contributor

@ami1231 wrote:

So, I was about to purchase a new computer and I get in the check out that you no longer accept my so called pre paid debit card, even though it's better than a bank, but it actually is.  I've had it for years and spent over $5,000 at QVC using it and now I can't. Such a shame to be losing a long time customer.  And I don't want to hear apply for your credit card.  It should be based on how your customer's past history is with you.  I understand people are out to rip everyone off, but like I said if I have paid in full everything I purchased, no late payments ever then I should be able to use it.  Thanks for letting me vent!!  

Hello, ami1231 and welcome. Smiley Happy

Hmm...that's really odd. Maybe you could try calling QVC's customer service and asking them about it.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Trusted Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

THe possibility that the money may not be available for subsequent EZ Pays is always a potential,risk for any merchant who offers this type of credit regardless of whether the payment method is a pre-paid debit card, a regular debit card tied to a checking account or even a credit card where a customer could run the card up to the limit with other purchases and leave no room for future EZ pays to be approved.  I fail to see any difference.

While you are correct about the money may not be there with another form of card as well, credit card companies check credit before issuing cards (and many banks do so befoe issuing debit cards); there are no credit checks for prepaid cards.  This teds to make it more likely that the bank-issued cards will have funds available.

The second, and far more important, reason for not accepting prepaid cards is that there is no name or address verification.  People can buy them in gas stations.  This means that people can buy something for one easy pay, have it shipped to an address, and then skip out.  This fraud is rampant, and most shopping channels refuse to accept prepaid cards for anything other than the full purchase amount.

Fraud costs us all as consumers in the form of higher prices and inconvenience. I aplaud shopping channels for attempting to crack down on it.