Highlighted
Super Contributor

Why isnt Easy Pay Payments categorized/coded as Online Shopping....BofA is now offering 3% cashback on Online Purchases...All my purchases are online..It only gives me the 3% when I make a one time pmt.purchase.   I never get the 3% when I have my purchase on Easy Pay..(monthly installments)..BofA says it is the way the merchant (QVC) is categorizing this..It should be categorized as ONLINE SHOPPING so people can get the 3%..Please change the way you are categorizing online purchases whether 1 time pmt or easy pay...all should be categorized as Online Shopping ..

Honored Contributor

I don't know about BOA but with any rebate sites like Mr. Rebates or Ebates, the rebate is paid up front once when the order is placed and is paid on the entire order amount.  You do not get another rebate for every easy payment charged to your account.

Maybe BOA is giving you 3% back on the full purchase price at the time of the initial order.  It probably says something about this in the terms.

Discover Card used to give 5% cash back for QVC orders and you received the 5% up front on the initial price but not on any subsequent easy pays.   

Super Contributor

If I pay in full on an item I get the 3% from my BofA charge card for online shopping...If I use easy pay I dont get the 3% on each easy pay which I should....It is still online shopping.  I get the 3% on HSN items whether a one time pmt or in easy pay...BofA says it it the way QVC is categorizing the payments...shame on them..HSN knows how to categorize! Ive tried calling QVC corporate office but it has been a nightmare to say the least...no one returns calls...

Honored Contributor

Re: Easy Pay Pmts

[ Edited ]

Maybe you should be using Mr. Rebates or Ebates because I get paid on my purchases regardless if they're Easy Pay or not.

I use Ebates @89135 .

Super Contributor

I will check into Ebates,  but I use my Bank of America Visa card for all my purchases..they just started giving 3% for online shopping purchases..(I do alot of qvc online shopping) but since qvc doesnt know how to code their online pmts (they dont code the same for 1 time and easy pay)  I dont receive the 3%. They are the only place that is a problem....and it is all in their coding..I talked to several CS reps and no one knows anything that is why I tried corporate..I finally just gave up after a month. 

Respected Contributor

The card I use for easy payments is a visa card that accumulates points instead of cash back. I don't use my other cards because the cashback is only 1% right now. I received reward points for every purchase regardless of how it is processed. All of the Q payments are categorized as shopping. It may just be BOA placing restrictions on what qualifies as a cashback purchase.
Super Contributor

Trust Me...IT IS NOT A  VISA PROBLEM...IT IS A QVC PROBLEM !!!  My Visa has a category of ONLINE SHOPPING for 3% cashback..(Just started this in January).I do all my QVC purchases online....it is the way QVC is coding their 'easy pay' online shopping purchases...if you make a 1 time payment (purchase paid in full)  it goes thru okay and I get the 3% cashback..I do not get this if I make, let's say, 6 easy payments...QVC evidently has a diff code for this and it doesnt appear to be an ONLINE PURCHASE even tho it IS an online purchase.. It is a QVC problem... after fighting this for 1 1/2 months I finally just gave up...Corporate returned my call once but after that, nothing....Shame on QVC Corporate in not trying to help and get this solved... I learned online that Not coding purchases the right way a company can get in trouble tax wise. Hopefully they will check into this...but does anyone with authority really read these suggestions their customers give ??

New Contributor

Re: Easy Pay Pmts

[ Edited ]

For my purchases that I paid up front without Easy Pay, as well as those with EasyPay, all show on my credit card under category "Other Insurance/Financial".  So strange that a retail company would use this category for their credit card transactions.

Super Contributor

It is the Code they are using for 'Merchant Description' that is not right...They are using 'Misc General' for their Merchant Description and that doesnt show as an online purchase...HSN uses Merchant Description as 'Direct Marketing' which DOES show as online purchase and therefore I get my 3% cashback at HSN..I do ALOT more purchases at QVC and am not getting my 3% cashback because of this wrong code they are using.