Respected Contributor

@Corbsg I suspect you’ve already checked this, but make sure that your QVC order is cancelled and not pending approval(I don’t even know if this happens, but you sure wouldn’t want the order to go through later). 

Valued Contributor

@Corbsg wrote:
So ive been using QVC for several years. At some points ive had well over $1000 sitting on my account. I paid everything off back in March and haven’t used my account since. Ive bought vacuums, laptops, ipads, tablets, ring devices, expensive items plenty of times in the past. I go to purchase the Macbook Air and choose EASYPAY not QCard, regular ole Easypay and they charged my card and confirmed order. Today i get an email saying it was declined. I asked customer twice and all they can me is a soft inquiry was pulled and i need to wait 10 days to figure it out. How can you do a soft inquiry without my SSN # or permission and how come im being denied now on my first purchase in a LONG time. Funds were in my account. Have used that account plenty of times. So i can buy sharks, crosswaves, ring devices, bissels, HPs but not a macbook? I do not understand

I've had this happen to me elswhere and it was because my info wasn't up to date.  Has your credit card company isssued you a new card since March with a new expiration date?  If they did and you didn't update the info in your QVC profile then the purchases may have bounced because your information hasn't been updated. 

Respected Contributor

Perhaps they wanted to put a hold on the entire amount and it wasn't available.  Then they would go ahead and only take out one easy pay. 

Esteemed Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

Perhaps they wanted to put a hold on the entire amount and it wasn't available.  Then they would go ahead and only take out one easy pay. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Usually if someone is using a Debit Card, that person might have ¨Overdraft Protection¨ and the Bank will honor it . There is no way for QVC to tell if the money is there or not, where as if you use a Credit Card, there is a Limit and it would be denied.

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I think one of the first problems is trying to buy one of their larger ticket items with a debit card that had not been used with them before, regardless of how much money is in an account. If you had purchased with an actual credit card I doubt there would have been a problem.

They don't need to ask your permission for anything. By using Easy Pay you are asking them for an interest free loan. You've agreed to inquiry in the conditions for a Easy Pay use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn´t matter whether it´s a Debit Card or not. I´ve always used a Debit Card.