Regular Contributor

EXTENDED DELIVERY NOTIFICATION ON AIR NON EXISTENT

Please have the hosts state when an item is on extended delivery.  They seem to hide the fact until go place the order and see it is not readily available. This is not fair to customers who might want the item right away. Kerstin was showing a Susan graver sweater a few minutes ago and they were going on and on about it, but not once did the host say it was on EXTENDED DELIVERY.  This stops me from buying an item when I am misinformed and find it out when I am placing an order.  PLEASE SEND THIS REQUEST TO MANAGEMENT OR WHOMEVER HANDLES WHAT THE HOSTS ARE TO BE TELLING THE CONSUMER  WAY TOO MANY ITEMS ARE ON EXTENDED DELIVERY 

Honored Contributor

Re: EXTENDED DELIVERY NOTIFICATION ON AIR NON EXISTENT

@debmmm    Many times the hosts and even QVC does not know an item is going to be delayed so they can't tell you.  The international transportation system is in chaos with unavoidable delays.  Ships are waiting offshore of California waiting their turn to unload.  Nobody knows when their turn will come or when merchandise will reach the warehouse so it can be shipped to you.  This situation is the new normal and is likely to continue for awhile.  Be assured it's on the way. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@debmmm    Many times the hosts and even QVC does not know an item is going to be delayed so they can't tell you.  The international transportation system is in chaos with unavoidable delays.  Ships are waiting offshore of California waiting their turn to unload.  Nobody knows when their turn will come or when merchandise will reach the warehouse so it can be shipped to you.  This situation is the new normal and is likely to continue for awhile.  Be assured it's on the way. 

Well they shouldn't be selling products that they don't already have in their possession unless it is something that they have sold out of the invetory they have so quickly and unexpectedly (TSV for example) and the manufacturer has committed to providing more in a reasonable period of time.  Then, it should be clear and obvious that it is advance order.  A whole host of things could go wrong with shipments in transit.   I've placed 2 orders in the past few weeks that I had no idea were "advance orders".  Neither the on air presentation or order check out indicated I would not be receiving it in the near future.

Respected Contributor

I understand that shipping is in crisis mode and there is unprecedented uncertainty.  However, the consumer should be given that information UP FRONT and be given the opportunity to choose to purchase given that information.  This practice seems borderline deceptive to me.

Honored Contributor

QVC's communications with customers are extremely poor, no doubt about it.  The stockholders get more and better info than we do.  There seems to be an policy of corporate secrecy.  Maybe Mike George needs to review this goal from his quarterly report. 

Screenshot_20210507-111715_Chrome.jpg

Respected Contributor

I don't know what product is being referred to, and I only half listen and half watch when QVC is on, but I often hear the host state repeatedly when an item is an advance order. Then I look up and see it on the graphics. Each time this happens I think to myself, gee I wonder if someone will complain about the delay.

Esteemed Contributor

How about this for a wishful dream - stop depending on imports and bring manufacturing back to our country. Prices may actually stabilize with no more import taxes.  An impossible dream?

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac    Yes, it's not going to happen.  We've gone too far into just being consumers.  We don't have a workforce willing to do "factory work". 

Esteemed Contributor

It would be nice if they announced later delivery dates on air, but I really do think there are times when the hosts are not aware of that status. And as has been noted in this thread, the shows typically do list the ship dates in the item details box on screen if things are not in stock for immediate shipment.

However, even if you get neither of those indicators, when you're checking out, you can see the estimated delivery date on the checkout page, and it is listed in the confirmation email as well. Paying attention to those details will help you know when you should expect your order to ship, barring any issues. For example, I recently placed an order for a rug that had no specific notation of a later delivery date, but when I ordered on 4/25 and the estimated delivery date is 5/20, it's clear there will be a delay.

Contributor

Well my expected delivery date was 5/7 (yesterday) and many items are in the preparing your order stage. Deceptive.