Esteemed Contributor

EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS GETTING WORSE

[ Edited ]

I received two emails on 9/7 from the Q telling me my SOMA bras (which I had to return for exchanges twice because of the sizing issue - ordered two bras) saying my exchanges were on their way.  Last evening I called CS to find out where they were because my order status showed them returned but not shipped.  I got the rudest CS rep ever.  She couldn't find my order - and asked me to repeat the name of the item and then she told me we don't sell those bras here.  After my trying to explain that they did and I ordered them she said we refunded your money.  I asked her why they did that and she said I can't help you.  She also told me she couldnt reorder them because they were out of stock.  (Not true - still available on the websitte)   I asked why did I receive an email saying they were shipped and on their way and she got such an atttude I was actually in shock.  I then asked to speak to a supervisor and she said we don't have supervisors - they have all gone home.  I asked for her name and called CS back and got a much nicer rep who was apologetic and found out they did in fact issue a refund but had no explanation why.  She thought because I had returned them twice they presumed I didn't want them anymore.  I told her my instructions were specific and in fact added a separate note when I returned the bras that I was returning for a different size.  She couldn't explain why they did it but offered to take a new order.  I told her I wanted them at the original price of $48 which is the price they were when I ordered them and she did that.    I just cannot understand the quality of CS reps QVC has hired.  I have had some real terrible ones and of course had some good ones.  This person was obviously not well trained.   I don't want to get the rep in trouble or have her lose her job but I still feel like complaining to someone.   The exchange program really sucks.

QVC Customer Care

Re: EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS GETTING WORSE

@Teddixat wrote:

I received two emails on 9/7 from the Q telling me my SOMA bras (which I had to return for exchanges twice because of the sizing issue - ordered two bras) saying my exchanges were on their way.  Last evening I called CS to find out where they were because my order status showed them returned but not shipped.  I got the rudest CS rep ever.  She couldn't find my order - and asked me to repeat the name of the item and then she told me we don't sell those bras here.  After my trying to explain that they did and I ordered them she said we refunded your money.  I asked her why they did that and she said I can't help you.  She also told me she couldnt reorder them because they were out of stock.  (Not true - still available on the websitte)   I asked why did I receive an email saying they were shipped and on their way and she got such an atttude I was actually in shock.  I then asked to speak to a supervisor and she said we don't have supervisors - they have all gone home.  I asked for her name and called CS back and got a much nicer rep who was apologetic and found out they did in fact issue a refund but had no explanation why.  She thought because I had returned them twice they presumed I didn't want them anymore.  I told her my instructions were specific and in fact added a separate note when I returned the bras that I was returning for a different size.  She couldn't explain why they did it but offered to take a new order.  I told her I wanted them at the original price of $48 which is the price they were when I ordered them and she did that.    I just cannot understand the quality of CS reps QVC has hired.  I have had some real terrible ones and of course had some good ones.  This person was obviously not well trained.   I don't want to get the rep in trouble or have her lose her job but I still feel like complaining to someone.   The exchange program really sucks.

@Teddixat I am so sorry to read that you had that type of experience. We have a process in place to handle issues as this, I will see that it is shared with the appropriate Team Leads.

My apologies again!!

Susan Q-Social

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan-QVC

Thank you.  I appreciate your doing that.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure they are swamped with returns and exchanges because you can't cancel an order now.  Or hardly ever can you!  So if you need to edit or cancel, you are out of luck. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner

Apparently they are and I understand that.   I usually have good luck with ordering the right size as I always use the Cllick Here button for the garment measurements.  I know my bust and waist size and usually go with that and of course the material content.  The Soma bras were an issue as is apparent from the comments in the comment section.  The bras were totally off.  I am a consistent 34D and sometimes a 36D so I ordfered one of each and both were so small I couldn't even get them to snap, so I ordered a 38DD.  The 38 fit better around the back but the cup size was too big so I returned for the D.   I have ordered Soma bras for many years and never had this problem.  I chalked it off to them being front closure.  Oh well, y 38D is on its way.  Hopefully it will be the right size.  

My point is about returns is that it is inevitable when you shop online that some items won't fit and have to be returned.  The Q knows that and to minimize their losses they are charging plenty to return things.   I notice now the hosts ask the models what size they are wearting and their heights.  A person's height has nothign to do with the size they wear.  They should ask the models if the size feels true to size or if you need to size up or down.  That would be more helpful.  I see Jacquie in some things that are large where she should be wearing a size up. 

Respected Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@Sooner

...  I notice now the hosts ask the models what size they are wearting and their heights.  A person's height has nothign to do with the size they wear.  They should ask the models if the size feels true to size or if you need to size up or down.  That would be more helpful.  I see Jacquie in some things that are large where she should be wearing a size up. 

@Teddixat this is such a pet peeve of mine. Why do they ask height when selling pants? They need to ask inseam. Two people can be the same height and pants will fit them totally different. Some people have long torsos and some have long legs.

Honored Contributor

I agree and had mentioned that in a post a while back, what does height have to do with your size except maybe where a shirt or pant would hit you on the body.....but if you have long legs that might not even be helpful.....

Size is still an issue..there is no way I am an xxs when I need a shirt that has about 36-38"in the garment, bust area....but many items would have me purchasing that size, which might fit but really I am NOT an XXS.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if they will ever learn. It seems to me they would have fewer returns if they were a bit more honest about fluctuation in sizes. Who better than the models to know whether to go up or down in size. Same way with shoes