Esteemed Contributor

Re: EXCHANGE IS NOT WORKING!!!!

@Tissyanne wrote:

The way to fix this is to ship out the correct color/size immediately at no charge, and give the customer a certain time frame to return, or get charged. 

I agree....an item can get sold out before they get your return....

Occasional Contributor

Same thing happened to me a couple times. QVC said my exchange request was not available and I was charged the return fee as in the past. Yet THAT very moment I am reading their reply, I search the item and there it is, available, in stock, just as I requested. I feel stupid believing this change would work and how nice QVC was waving the exchange charge.

Valued Contributor

Today I posted under QVC Talk the same problem with exchanges.....this is a joke.  She told me she could not send my exchange without charging me S&H because my account already had been credited for the return.  I was so furious - forgot about asking to speak to her supervisor - I just told her to cancel the order entirely.  Exchange definitely is not working.....those that receive the return package apparently cannot figure out EXCHANGE!

Honored Contributor

@grooms

i know you said you ordred a regular sized item and then wanted to do an exchange for a petite item. if the item numbers are not the same, you cannot do a free exchange. that may be the problem.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grooms wrote:

Today I posted under QVC Talk the same problem with exchanges.....this is a joke.  She told me she could not send my exchange without charging me S&H because my account already had been credited for the return.  I was so furious - forgot about asking to speak to her supervisor - I just told her to cancel the order entirely.  Exchange definitely is not working.....those that receive the return package apparently cannot figure out EXCHANGE!

Same thing happened to me today!!! Tried some jeans (NO measurements on site so I had to just guess at size) received....too big. Sent back the very next day for smaller size SAME item number and I added a big ole note that it was a FREE EXCHANGE after reading about all the problems here. Looked online and size still available. So I get an email they received my "return" not my exchange. So I go on chat (no more phone for me unless they give me their name) and she said she could reorder them for me. What? What happened to my exchange? NOBODY could have possibly missed my BIG note that I taped to the plastic bag with paperwork. Forget it. I passed on a re-order (and wait another 2-3 weeks?)....this new system is a total disaster. Yet they keep blah blah blahing about it! As they say.....AMAZING.

Super Contributor

Thank goodness I found this thread.  I thought it was just me.  The exchange thing the hosts keep hawking doesn't work.  They really should stop with the "Free Exchange" talk.  It does not work that way.  Alot of , I'm sorry.   I even got an e'mail saying my exchange was accepted and the new size was enroute.  4 days later I checked and the exchange was canceled.  WHAT??

Trusted Contributor

It appears that QVC didn't consider they might want to tell their customer service, and have their IT department change things for the free exchange program.  Although, we all know the IT department isn't filled with the brightest bulbs.  Or, maybe they thought they would wait for people to complain, and if some didn't, that's extra money for them.  Sorry, but lately I wouldn't put much past them.  

Contributor

ITA!!!

Just tried the exchange program for the first time.  Fail.  The usual story. Had to call C/S.

What's sad about this is that, as designed, it's a win for both QVC and the customer.  I'm not usually a complainer; I take action.

Until/unless I hear updates that the exchange program is working well, I'm not ordering another item on QVC.  If that's never, so be it.  Sometimes you have to vote with your feet. 

Respected Contributor

A suggestion for QVC:

Before launching a new program, beta test it by having a group of customers actually use the program.  

Trusted Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

@grooms wrote:

Same thing happened to me today!!! Tried some jeans (NO measurements on site so I had to just guess at size) received....too big. Sent back the very next day for smaller size SAME item number and I added a big ole note that it was a FREE EXCHANGE after reading about all the problems here. Looked online and size still available. So I get an email they received my "return" not my exchange. So I go on chat (no more phone for me unless they give me their name) and she said she could reorder them for me. What? What happened to my exchange? NOBODY could have possibly missed my BIG note that I taped to the plastic bag with paperwork. Forget it. I passed on a re-order (and wait another 2-3 weeks?)....this new system is a total disaster. Yet they keep blah blah blahing about it! As they say.....AMAZING.

@silkyk I am so disappointed and frustrated with this whole Exchange Program and that they still have the hosts raving about it. There is a lot that needs to be done to prove to me that I can shop with confidence and not have a major hassle when I need to exchange something. With the way it is now, they may have to change the name from Exchange to Ex-Customer. With al of the posts about the problems we've all had, hopefully it improves soon.