Frequent Contributor

EGG HARBOR FAROE ISLAND FILLETS SHIPPED WITH NO DRY ICE ON STYROFOAM BOX?

OMG! I placed an order for this Egg Harbor FAROE ISLAND FILLET SALMON on MAY 06 and was delivered MAY 11! When I opened the Styrofoam Box, there was NO DRY ICE to keep the SALMONS at least fresh while in transit! I opened the small box inside the styrofoam and the SALMON WERE ALL SOFT! How long have they been like that, I do not have a clue and I WILL NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO COOK THEM! QVC, I was just wondering whoever packed these SALMONS, did they forget to put DRY ICE inside the styrofoam box considering the number of days the package will be in transit? The brown box inside is even DRY! What is this? I call CS and no one is there! PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY BACK and I will send these back all to you too! What a huge disappointment! Would never order FROZEN FOOD ever again!

Valued Contributor

Re: EGG HARBOR FAROE ISLAND FILLETS SHIPPED WITH NO DRY ICE ON STYROFOAM BOX?

Wow that is sad because that salmon is expensive.  I have ordered it several times through the years and it has always had dry ice....obviouslty the packer wasn't paying attention as tpo how much ice to pack.  Last week I got some candies tht were all melted and stuck together - to hot to send candy but QVC gave me credit as they should with you and the salmon.  Good luck.

Frequent Contributor

Grooms, yes it is very costly and based on the good reviews, I purchased it.....I understand the shortage of their staff wherever this was shipped from, BUT....this is PERISHABLE and very harmful if eaten not properly stored to the right temperature. I used to buy frozen foods from other online stores, most especially The Cheesecake Factory. The Styrofoam Box arrives with Dry Ice and the Cheesecake inside is still frozen.....I don't know the duration period the Salmons have been thawed out from the time it was shipped and after 5 days they are all soft....Very scary to cook them.....Thank you for your comment......appreciate it.....

QVC Customer Care

@Pinkstylus wrote:

OMG! I placed an order for this Egg Harbor FAROE ISLAND FILLET SALMON on MAY 06 and was delivered MAY 11! When I opened the Styrofoam Box, there was NO DRY ICE to keep the SALMONS at least fresh while in transit! I opened the small box inside the styrofoam and the SALMON WERE ALL SOFT! How long have they been like that, I do not have a clue and I WILL NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO COOK THEM! QVC, I was just wondering whoever packed these SALMONS, did they forget to put DRY ICE inside the styrofoam box considering the number of days the package will be in transit? The brown box inside is even DRY! What is this? I call CS and no one is there! PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY BACK and I will send these back all to you too! What a huge disappointment! Would never order FROZEN FOOD ever again!

@Pinkstylus  I am so sorry this happened with the Salmon, I will pass the feedback on to our Vendors.   We have issued a refund as requested. 

My apologies again, 

Susan

Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much Susan! I took a picture, your Vendors might want to see the Salmons......Much appreciated!

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered Salmon from Curtis Stone on HSN.  There was no actual dry ice left but fillets were still frozen in the inner box.  They are so good!

QVC Customer Care

@Pinkstylus wrote:

Thank you so much Susan! I took a picture, your Vendors might want to see the Salmons......Much appreciated!

@Pinkstylus No need to return the order, best to dispose of it.  If you can email the pics to the social team address we will see that they get in the right hands. 

Susan

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com  

Honored Contributor

Put them on the patio and if there is a raccoon anywhere within miles it will be a party all nigh!  LOL!!!

Frequent Contributor

Yes Susan, I will send the pic right now to the email address you sent me.....Thank you!

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I am thinking of tossing it probably behing our fence where it is all trees.....I hope whatever animal eats it is safe for them too.....