Honored Contributor

If QVC wants to help you now AFTER YOU TOOK CARE OF IT YOURSELF they should offer you a gift card for your trouble.......not just say SORRY.

Honored Contributor

Most of the time, when I've bought something that has pieces (has to be assembled), there's a sheet of paper that states "if any parts are missing", not to contact the retailer, but to contact the company itself.

I'm surprised that wasn't the case in this instance.  I wouldn't expect QVC to or any other retailer (for this type of item) to be able to do anything other than request a complete return and replacement (at their expense).

Honored Contributor

@Dar321 wrote:

I know!  The only thing I was pointing out, is when I contacted QVC, instead of pointing me in the right direction, they said they would have an answer, or the part in 7 to 10 days.  I waited, to no avail, with no contact.  So I just contacted convert a bench myself.  It wasn't a big deal, just the fact that I bought it through the Q.  Even if they did not have the answer, they should have contacted me.  Oh well

I came back to speak to this.

You are absolutely correct.  However, I think that the Customer Service Rep was indeed trying to help by taking the information and giving it to the next person to handle properly.

In the past, whenever you called QVC for a part they always gave you the phone number for the manufacturer or company providing it, whether it was Technique, Aeropilates, Lock n Lock, Temptations, etc.  CS should have just referred you to the company and not set the expectation that this was being handled.

Basically, don't offer a service you don't actually offer.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

You're right I should have!

@sunshine45 wrote:

i would have contacted the manufacturer directly for this problem and THEN called qvc for a partial refund.

Super Contributor

Absolutely,wish I thought of that!

Respected Contributor

I understand your frustration DAR. It is the fact that they did not perform their CS duties. They did not contact you to fix the problem. They left you waiting for 2 weeks and still nothing. Good for you that you fixed it on your own. Something QVC should have done without asking for you to return the whole bench. They should have called the bench company for you and sent you the part free of charge. That is what good CS does.