Somehow, they sent me two of the book I ordered, and I'm hesitant to return one, since the total cost was only ~$16 each and I don't want to get reamed $7 for shipping.

I will be very hesitant to order from QVC again!

Respected Contributor

Thats the kind of thing that makes me cuckoo

Esteemed Contributor

@RAYY - Since the error was on QVC's part, not yours, just note on your return slip that you received an item you did not order and use the QVC return label to send the book back on QVC's dime.

Honored Contributor

@RAYY call customer service and let them know.They will be sure to not charge return fee.

Respected Contributor

You can call customer service and tell them what happened.  They will tell you how to proceed.

Valued Contributor

I received an outfit from QVC that I never ordered.  I called customer service and told them what happened, they asked a few questions, then told me to send it back to them using their return label.  The item was meant for another customer, they said.  I never got charged anything for the return.

Honored Contributor

@RAYY wrote:

Somehow, they sent me two of the book I ordered, and I'm hesitant to return one, since the total cost was only ~$16 each and I don't want to get reamed $7 for shipping.

Goodness, It's not as if this is an everyday occurrence.  Stuff happens!

Did you get charged for two books?  Whether you did or didn't, simply call customer service and explain, ask them to put a note on your account and send the second book back with the prepaid label.  Write on the return slip that it was sent in error.  You won't be charged anything for the return shipping.

It's a shame that your very first post is one about a bad shopping experience.  (Saying you'll get "reamed" is rather an overstatement.)

Esteemed Contributor

@RAYY wrote:

@RAYY, I have to admit that I'm a little confused.  Is my interpretation correct that you'd rather spend $16 plus S&H for something you didn't order and don't want than risk having to pay $7 to get $9 refunded?   If so that would move you to the top of the list of favorite QVC shoppers.

If you follow the advice given in this thread you will get a full refund on the second book including S&H.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

The way that I'm reading it is, the o/p bought one book, and got a second one for FREE.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.