Trusted Contributor

Done with QVC over a shipping charge

I ordered Ellen Degeneres candles in the berries scent.  Upon arrival, found they actually smell like pine.  I returned them and asked for a refund only to be told sorry, you didn't like the scent.  Well, it's not that I didn't like the scent.  The description was not accurate.  This is not my fault, but the fault of QVC and I should be refunded the shipping amount as the product was misrepresented.  Extremely unhappy after giving this company my business for upwards of 20 years.  Over $13, no less.  It, however, is the principle of the matter. 

To top it off, I thoroughly explained that I didn't receive a refund and then was told that I actually did. 

I wonder if these customer service representatives actually read the emails before responding.  Seems like they are not. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Done with QVC over a shipping charge

Did you return within the 30-day policy.

Honored Contributor

Call customer service.  I never understand why people don't call C/S, rather than go the e-mail route.  Good luck.

Respected Contributor

@Shaunac Are you quite sure you got the wrong thing?  I have ordered quite a few of ED candle sets and they come in 4 scents, not a choice of one scent.

QVC Customer Care

@Shaunac We're looking at the order and will email you shortly. Cindy

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, I have noticed a decline in the CS department within QVC, the last problem I had took 7 calls, 2 of them to supervisors before it was finally resolved, I have significantly cut down on my shopping with QVC and have gone elsewhere, I can forgive mistakes as I know they do happen, but when it becomes the norm and becomes more work on my part, then it is not worth it to me any longer!

I never say never though, of course I will shop occasionally with QVC, but I watch my orders like a hawk to make sure there is a smooth transaction!

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Call customer service.  I never understand why people don't call C/S, rather than go the e-mail route.  Good luck.

I can venture a guess why.

Regular Contributor

Had the same problem. $400+ item......hairmax was TOO BIG for my head after they promoted it on air as fitting ALL.  They charged me $10.00 to send it back. Third time I have been charged return shipping when item failed to live up to the HOST AND VENDOR CLAIMS!!!!!  They only credit shipping if you say defective. Extremely poor way to do business. They are never  accountable for their own claims in any way, shape or form. Future purchses will only be made if I cannot find the product elsewhere.

QVC Customer Care

@Sassyboo3 We've just sent you an email.  Cindy

Regular Contributor

I never really get any satisfaction using the email route. The replies seem to be very general answers. I asked when the spring rolls were coming back in stock. They don't have that information. That sounds fair.

I also asked why the reviews were gone because the product is sold out. I was told that sometimes the reviews are not available when a product is sold out, but when the product comes back in stock I will be able to read the reviews. I really could have figured that out, but still don't know why reviews aren't available while waiting for a products return. Maybe nobody knows! Haha