Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Wear Gloves When You Go Out And Shop?

I wear gloves when I venture out to the grocery store and pumping gas.  They get disposed of before I enter my car.  They don't take the place of washing hands or using hand sanitizer.  It's an added layer of precaution.

I throw them away in the trash before entering my car.  

Esteemed Contributor

Here's the thing though, as soon as you touch something after you put the gloves on, they are contaminated, and if you don't change them immediately after touching that one thing, you are spreading the contamination that's on the gloves, to the next item that you touch, and so forth and so on.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I don't.

Esteemed Contributor

Nope, it's bad enough I'm sweating wearing a mask, I don't need my hands to be sweaty too. I carry hand sanitizer in my purse and use it as soon as I get in the car. I wash my hands when I get home. I also take advantage of every hand sanitizer station I see when out and about. I don't sanitizer the inside of my car as it can get well over 125 degrees in there within a short time. After a couple of days of that heat anything that was alive should now be dead. 

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I do, but iIf I don't wear gloves, I do carry a disinfectant wipe in my hand.  I've been making a purse packet of them for about 2 months now.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've worn gloves for groceries twice, my hands were so sweaty I couldn't stand it. The poor cashiers were the same!  I've stopped wearing them in the grocery store. 
  I choose items that are further back on the shelves, maybe not as much handling and better expiration dates. 
  I wipe hands with a wet one often and car handles before entering, hands again then steering wheel. 

Now I only wear them pumping gas and dispose of them immediately. I use wipes after shopping. I use a Lysol wipe to wipe the cart even inside where groceries go. Wipe them with another before putting them in trunk, then again each item at home in the garage. Clean car & trunk. Whew!

Honored Contributor

No. It's hard enough to find gloves as it is. Unnecessary. 

Honored Contributor

I don't.

Respected Contributor

Only when I pump gas or use the drive thru at my bank. 

Valued Contributor

Of course! Mask, too. And hand sanitizer on my gloves between stores