Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Wear Gloves When You Go Out And Shop?

Gloves spread it around. It gets on the gloves then is transfered to the next thing you touch. Better to just wash hands or use hand santizer when done shopping.

Regular Contributor

Thank you all for all of your help. You just don't know how much.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do wear gloves, take off before i get into car.Always wear them to gass up car,go to post office ,things like that.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Regular Contributor

CLHS68 - Of course you would take your gloves off before entering your car. Nothing is being spread.

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely Yes! i wear gloves and masks. I care about other people and myself.

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

Gloves spread it around. It gets on the gloves then is transfered to the next thing you touch. Better to just wash hands or use hand santizer when done shopping.

Your hands also just "spread it around".  You go shopping, everything you touch is affected by your bare hands.  For all anyone knows, other nasty things are being transferred by someone else's bare hands, not just the COVID-19 virus.  Gloves are another layer of protection.  My DH and I also wash our hands, as soon as we get home.

Hand sanitizers are fine, but they can be very drying with overuse.  We have those, too, but only use them, when there is no other choice.

The main advice is to keep your hands away from your face, until you can thoroughly wash them.

Trusted Contributor

Another glove- wearer here. Like others, I pull them inside out and throw them in the trash outside grocery store and market as well as in the available trash can when I pump gas. 

Esteemed Contributor

I always wear gloves. I use a clean pair for each store I go into. I wear them in the store I do not touch my keys or anything else until I go out of the store,I take them off throw them away, and then put sanitizer on my hands just in case.  

Honored Contributor

@Venezia  "Hand sanitizers are fine, but they can be very drying with overuse."

I always use lotion on my hands after using hand sanitizers.  Prevents drying out of hands.  I keep both in my car.  At home I use Eucerin cream because it's absorbed into the skin.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Wearing gloves defeat the purpose. I've seen so many people wearing gloves and they touch everything and if they itch they touch their faces. Doesn't make sense. I prefer to use disinfecting wipes or handsanitizer while I'm in the Store. 

I don't get this. These are the same glove wearers who take off their gloves and dump them in the parking lot. WHY?? that's disgusting and nasty. It's so easy to put them in a shopping bag and then dispose them properly. Nasty, Nasty.