Regular Contributor

Does Anyone Wear Gloves When You Go Out And Shop?

I saw the comments about face masks, but how about disposable gloves.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Wear Gloves When You Go Out And Shop?

my husband is the one who does the grocery and he wears a mask and gloves. it also helps to keep his hands away from his face. 

Regular Contributor

Thank you, I thought it was just me.

Honored Contributor

Yes, my DH and I do.  Then we take pull them off, inside out and throw them in the trash.  We figure we will take every precaution available until this thing subsides or a vaccine is developed.

We also heed the advice not to touch our face and we wiipe down things like our credit cards, phones and handles & steering wheel on our cars, after we finish shopping.  So far, so good!

Regular Contributor

That is great advice. Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear gloves when I am out and about because I carry hand sanitizer everywhere I go, and then wash my hands thoroughly when I get home.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

I don't wear gloves when I am out and about because I carry hand sanitizer everywhere I go, and then wash my hands thoroughly when I get home.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Exactly what I do, I assume my hands are contaminated and open my car door, reach in and get sanitizer, clean hands and then get in car.  My car is my safety "zone". same for home, take shoes off and go wash hands first.  I have disposable gloves in my car and only use them for getting gas.

Regular Contributor

Thank you, I forgot about gassing up the car. I really do not drive any where. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't gone out in a while, as I hired my unemployed granddaughter to run errands.  Lol  but I did wear gloves.   I had a huge box of cotton museum gloves.  My granddaughter wore them  she loved it

Put them on before entering store, then inside out and in garbage when leaving store. , when  we got down to a couple pair  she washed them.  She washes hands as well.  I do not think wearing gloves is a requirement, but I think it helps.  Omg, I went to the grocery store with fresh white gloves.  You should have seen them when I left store.  Dirty!  As clean as my store looks everything is really dusty and dirty  the tips of gloves to first joint were dark, dirt! 

my no means should wearing gloves be in place of hand washing.  It is just nice, and an extra comfort.

Honored Contributor

YUP!

I also wipe the interior of my car of everything I touched when I return home.  Yes, even the interior & exterior door handles. 

I keep extra gloves, goggles, masks, face shield & clorox wipes in the car.

I live in N.J. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif