Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Wear Gloves When You Go Out And Shop?

Only carry wipes for pumping gas.  I keep a container iin the car.

I prefer to use my own wipes.  Any store I go I take a wipe with me.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

Wearing gloves defeat the purpose. I've seen so many people wearing gloves and they touch everything and if they itch they touch their faces. Doesn't make sense. I prefer to use disinfecting wipes or handsanitizer while I'm in the Store. 

I don't get this. These are the same glove wearers who take off their gloves and dump them in the parking lot. WHY?? that's disgusting and nasty. It's so easy to put them in a shopping bag and then dispose them properly. Nasty, Nasty.

@Sage04 - I doubt that any of us who have responded on here dump our used gloves in a parking lot or shopping cart.  And the point has already been made not to touch your face, gloves or no gloves.

I don't know where you are, but I haven't seen that done where I am. Only on some TV reports in large city areas; and, yes, I agree that's nasty and defeats the purpose.

Everyone must make her own choice, 

Respected Contributor

Yes, I do, though it's abit clumsy. I keep a plastic bag in the car and dispose of them when I am leaving. I also carry wipes in the car to do the steering wheeel, etc.

Respected Contributor

YES! Whenever I'm going into a public place I wear gloves.  Anywhere I may be touching communal objects. Door handles,  keypads, packaging and fresh foods. Pens and forms; money.   Anywhere someone else may have touched the thing before me.  I wipe down my front door handles  and mailbox but do not wear gloves around my home, yard or if I'm just going out for a walk. ( got a pair in my pocket though just in case. )

I live in a very congestid area and masks are mandatory but I wear the gloves for ME.

Honored Contributor

I wa wearing gloves, but as the weather turned hotter, I found that I was getting so warm, that I was feeling so hot, it was making me feel ill to have the mask, gloves and my glasses on, so I stopped wearing the gloves.  I make sure that I washmy hands and apply plenty of hand sanitizer before, during and after shopping.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

No of course not!  Makes no sense unless you have a cut on your hand that you're trying to protect.  Taking them off only exposes the bare hand to anything when taking the second glove off.

They only make your hands sweaty and uncomfortable and I don't see it as an added layer of protection.  Instead I carry a wet disposable wipe with me to clean my fingers as I go shopping then take a fresh one out when I get to the car....make sure I don't touch my face and wash thoroughly when I get home.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

No of course not!  Makes no sense unless you have a cut on your hand that you're trying to protect.  Taking them off only exposes the bare hand to anything when taking the second glove off.

It's easy not to do that.  You pull one glove off inside out and use that (so you're only touching the uncontaminated inside) to pull the other glove off.

It's not rocket science.  It seems those of us who do choose to wear gloves are not being given any credit for having common sense.

Esteemed Contributor

Masks in public. Have disposable gloves in car. Always use for pumping gas or when I'm touching a lot of stuff. I don't wear gloves into Sprouts (use online grocery pick up for big shopping) but I have sanitized sheets for cart and keying in my card or handling money. I resist picking up items and putting back on shelf. Use sanitizer spray on hands before I touch steering wheel. Just keep washing hands. Getting used to it now.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

no gloves, just a mask because it is required in stores in our state.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

No gloves just a mask and alot of sanitizers.