Honored Contributor

Do you slow this site on purpose on event days?

Once again, QVC is having a big event day (free shipping this time) and the systems for viewing and ordering are locking up and moving sooooooo slowly, sometimes just unresponsive entirely. 

I've tried multiple devices, multiple operating systems, multiple connection sources all with the same results. 

Other websites are not acting like this on my devices and operating systems, so it has to be Q.

There is a pattern of this with big events and heavy shopping days/periods, sometimes the system going down entirely. 

Why can't a company this big get it together?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you slow this site on purpose on event days?

@Mominohio- How funny.  I was just thinking the same thing.  Not only that, I've just ordered things in the past couple of days, that (for some reason) processed quickly and shipped.  And, of course, I paid S&H on all of them.  Three of the items were clothing (two different orders) and they've shipped them together!

Sometimes it seems you just can't win.  I'm not going to bother looking at anything else until tonight.  Most likely, the things I want will be sold out anyway.

Honored Contributor

Since they 'outsourced' their IT Dept. to another country, that could have something to do with it, since that's when these glitches started happening for me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I'm having the same issue.  I really don't think QVC has a very good IT Department.  As I've said before, they spend more time playing with re-arranging the site than they do working on fixing the problems. 

I often find the site slow and problematic, worse on special event days like the site can't handle the extra volume.  If it were my company, I sure would want that fixed.  Can't find Hot Picks anymore unless I actually type Hot Picks in the search bar; don's know where they moved it.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Since they 'outsourced' their IT Dept. to another country, that could have something to do with it, since that's when these glitches started happening for me.

@KingstonsMom

I did not know they outsourced it like that. Well, that answers a lot of issues! Thanks for that information.

Esteemed Contributor

Could the free shipping be jamming the site? 

Esteemed Contributor

If it can't be sent don't show

I am in California and you had Skechers on special and you said it can't be sent. I have many of those shoes from you. I was even going to go up a 1/2 size for them.

Honored Contributor

Ironic that I can't even get into my wishlist or to look at things I have saved in my cart, but I can post on the forums.

Try to buy something?  The little wheel goes round and round.  Crazy system!  (Nevermind, we can just chat amongst ourselves instead of spending money.)  Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

It is beyond annoying and yet we should be used to it. Always seems to happen on any special kind of shopping day. Who has time to wait 5 minutes for an item to load. There are good things about QVC shopping but the IT department is sure not one of them!!!

I'm still upset that they thought it was a good idea to take away the Notes section on the Wish List.

And why is it that you have to enter things twice? You sign in with password, etc. and then if you want to post on forums, you must do it again.

And why can you not read any reviews of anything in your Wish List????? You have to enter the item number in the search box to be able to read reviews! You should be able to do so right in your Wish List.

Valued Contributor

I thought it was just me, on my end.  This is very aggravating.