Regular Contributor

Yesterday while looking at the Q I saw in the top right corner of the TV an icon that said "Press Red Dot to Order". I do not have a smart TV so I figured I would have to get up and go to the desktop, but decided to just see what it would do. I selected the color and all I had to do was enter my phone number and zip. That's all!! I did so and click submit. It said thank you. Well, I got interested in a movie and forgot about it until later. I figured I would go to the desktop and "really" order it. It was already processing - today it has shipped!

So I'm assuming that anyone can put in my phone number and zip code and send me all sorts of things from the Q. Online I have to enter a password. I would think the same would apply for a TV. I really do not feel the Q is as secure as it should be. I wrote them my concerns and so far haven't heard a word.

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you Order From Your TV?

Never. Always order on line through Ebates or Mr. Rebates- whichever is offering more.

Respected Contributor

@Ms Tink:  I wasn't aware that QVC offered the option to shop from your TV.  HSN has offered this option for maybe five years now. I have ordered by TV a couple of times with no problem.

Regular Contributor

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Trusted Contributor

Hi @Ms Tink!  When we lived in Hawaii and had Time a Warner/Spectrum cable, Shop by Remote was a feature HSN offered.  Used it once only.  Far too easy.  Now in the Vegas area not an option.