Super Contributor

Disappointed with auto delivery

All I really want to say is don't believe what you're told about a/d being guaranteed 'legally' nor what you see on the computer system when you order or make changes.  Although it doesn't happen often, this is not the 1st time I've had a problem with a/d.

I was on a/d for an item that was supposed to have 4 shipments; the last one was supposed to be 4/18.  I know that some a/d's are date specific, but I wanted to delay a couple of weeks, if possible.

I went to the item and was able to change the last shipment to 5/8. Getting close to ship date, I checked my status to make sure I remembered the date correctly.. Yep. Still there to ship 5/8. On 5/8 it still stated to ship 5/8. I did think it was weird that it didn't show in process or anything, but didn't think too much about that.

On 5/10, I checked again and the a/d showed 'completed'. There was no 4th shipment made nor listed to be shipped. I called c/s and was told the order was complete. No, I said. There were to be 4 shipments. She tried (I do not fault her) but she said there was no stock and she could not reinstate the order.

I thanked her and told her I realized she had done all she could, but that was not good enough. The system allowed the change in date, and then did not ship as stated online. I do not hold c/s responsible. She was very nice and did what she could. If the date could not be changed, the system should not have allowed it to show changed.

I seriously think I will cancel all my a/d's and be done with it. That way I won't be expecting anything and therefore will not be disappointed.

I thought about trying to contact the president's office, but after thinking about it for a couple of days, decided I don't feel like exerting the effort. I just decided to come here and rant, knowing that others would understand that need.

Thank you for reading such a long post. I apologize for the length.

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15
Valued Contributor

Re: Disappointed with auto delivery

The same thing has happened to me and I am every bit as aggravated as you are. If an a/d says we can get 4 shipments, we should be able to delay and still get 4 shipments.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Respected Contributor

The reason why they ran out of stock is you can change the quantity of each auto delivery shipment and plenty of people are ordering more than 1 and squirreling it away. 

QVC Customer Care

@luv2drive

I would like to assist you with this issue with the auto delivery, if I may. Would you please send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com with details of the auto delivery and I will do my best. 

Beth QVC

Super Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@luv2drive

I would like to assist you with this issue with the auto delivery, if I may. Would you please send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com with details of the auto delivery and I will do my best. 

Beth QVC

@Beth-QVC, thank you for offering to help. I have never emailed to qvc and don't know if there is a way to do this through the website or if I just send a regular email.

When I clicked on the email link at the bottom of the page, there was no way to direct the email to the social team. Thanks, anyway.

QVC Customer Care

@luv2drive

We are on a seperate email inbox from everyone else. Would it be too much trouble for me to call you now? I would love to resolve this to your satisfaction....

Beth QVC

Super Contributor

@Beth-QVC, that would be just fine. Thanks for reaching out to me. I look forward to your call.

Super Contributor

Thank you to everyone who commiserated with me and those who read and/or posted on this thread.

I especially want to thank @Beth-QVC for taking the extra step to call me so we could discuss the situation. I have seen her posts on this board in the past, and she seems to be even nicer than I thought she would be. I already thought she must be really nice. We are very lucky to have people like Beth reading and trying to help with our problems.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the day.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cat MadI'm skeptic to order products on auto delivery. I was so disapointed that I couldn't still place valerie hills H211470 so that i could get the fall hurricane. I don't like ordering something that i don't know what it looks like.  i ordered the red which was the first order i placed  on 7-29-17 never received and then called cs and was given a replacement with three different estimated delivery dates, 8/9, 8/11 and 8/14 which i shall receive monday.checked on line. when i called cs, the rep said she would send an email to the auto delivery department. never heard anything. i sent another email and the cs said it would take 4-5 days before i would hear about placing auto delivery heard nothing. I said to myself  I have to go through all this aggravation  as a paying customer so i sent another email and told them forget it. i'll keep my money. what has happened to QVC. sorry if i went all over the place but i'm so angry. I was able to do auto deivery. My first order stated you just purchased an item that is on auto delivery. i placed it and qvc cancelled it and never sent me an email. I researched it myself.

Spoiler
:

@luv2drive wrote:

All I really want to say is don't believe what you're told about a/d being guaranteed 'legally' nor what you see on the computer system when you order or make changes.  Although it doesn't happen often, this is not the 1st time I've had a problem with a/d.

I was on a/d for an item that was supposed to have 4 shipments; the last one was supposed to be 4/18.  I know that some a/d's are date specific, but I wanted to delay a couple of weeks, if possible.

I went to the item and was able to change the last shipment to 5/8. Getting close to ship date, I checked my status to make sure I remembered the date correctly.. Yep. Still there to ship 5/8. On 5/8 it still stated to ship 5/8. I did think it was weird that it didn't show in process or anything, but didn't think too much about that.

On 5/10, I checked again and the a/d showed 'completed'. There was no 4th shipment made nor listed to be shipped. I called c/s and was told the order was complete. No, I said. There were to be 4 shipments. She tried (I do not fault her) but she said there was no stock and she could not reinstate the order.

I thanked her and told her I realized she had done all she could, but that was not good enough. The system allowed the change in date, and then did not ship as stated online. I do not hold c/s responsible. She was very nice and did what she could. If the date could not be changed, the system should not have allowed it to show changed.

I seriously think I will cancel all my a/d's and be done with it. That way I won't be expecting anything and therefore will not be disappointed.

I thought about trying to contact the president's office, but after thinking about it for a couple of days, decided I don't feel like exerting the effort. I just decided to come here and rant, knowing that others would understand that need.

Thank you for reading such a long post. I apologize for the length.

Super Contributor

@Bella2022, I'm sorry to hear the frustration that you are feeling. I (and others on this thread) understand how you feel.

I guess all we can really do is plan on a/d if that's what we want, and then see what happens. It sure can be a pain sometimes, and a good thing other times.

That was a lot of aggravation that you were going through on that order. I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction. Hang in there.