New Contributor

I have been shopping with QVC since the very beginning and I have never been so shocked and disappointed with a purchase!

Last week I ordered a pair of the Haflinger boiled wool slippers and they arrived yesterday.  This is what I saw when I opened the box. 20201006_181436_resized.jpg20201006_181432_resized.jpg

Are you kidding me, QVC? Of course I called Customer Service to report this, but how does this happen? I didn't reach further into the box because I didn't want to touch the slippers, but this is not only disgusting, it is unsafe - especially during Covid!  Luckily (if you can even say that), I've already had Covid and recovered, so hopefully I'll have no issue...but this is just unacceptable.

What I want to know is how is the QVC supply chain set up where something like this can happen?  This was not an "as-is" purchase.  I ordered NEW slippers.  How does 1) QVC accept a return like this and 2) (more importantly!) how do these get back into inventory to be shipped to a new customer?  The customer service rep told me that QVC never ships returns to a new customer. Well, obviously that's not true.

This makes me question QVC's processes during the pandemic.  For example, say these slippers were NOT full of hair and just jammed in the box.  I would have had no way of knowing that they had been in someone else's house. What if I had serious pet allergies?  l trusted QVC's distribution centres were following pandemic sanitization protocols, so I had no issues ordering online.

What has happened to the QVC I knew and loved?  This is worse than WalMart, and it's actually scary. 😭

Trusted Contributor

Re: Disappointed and Disgusted!

Disgusting.

Super Contributor

GURL,  WHAT ! ! ! ! !  GURL WHAT ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 

OMG

That is absolutely pitiful AND GROSS

Honored Contributor

I don't believe this CS rep that QVC doesn't resell returns.  I received some of them that weren't "AS IS."  How could perfume and food get on new items?

Oh, it has nothing to do with the virus.  My experiences were during the past several years. 

What is also bad is this customer returned something with animal hair all over them, but then, QVC and I guess HSN are the only retailers I know that tell their customers to wear shoes for a month, return if they don't like them.  

Honored Contributor

What are all the red dots?  Is that the sole of the shoe?

New Contributor

@ValuSkr Yes, those are the "nonskid" bottoms of the slippers.   I am just so disgusted because I can just imagine whose dirty feet were in the slippers. Obviously they are not a very tidy or clean person because who would even attempt to send a return back to QVC in this condition??  🤮

Trusted Contributor

@Patti  No quality control at all!  Thank you for posting on my thread about the incorrectly & (obviously returned ) earrings sent to me wrapped in a paper towel.  Some management is needed to oversee what is really going on in the warehouses!

QVC Customer Care

@Patti wrote:

I have been shopping with QVC since the very beginning and I have never been so shocked and disappointed with a purchase!

Last week I ordered a pair of the Haflinger boiled wool slippers and they arrived yesterday.  This is what I saw when I opened the box. 20201006_181436_resized.jpg20201006_181432_resized.jpg

Are you kidding me, QVC? Of course I called Customer Service to report this, but how does this happen? I didn't reach further into the box because I didn't want to touch the slippers, but this is not only disgusting, it is unsafe - especially during Covid!  Luckily (if you can even say that), I've already had Covid and recovered, so hopefully I'll have no issue...but this is just unacceptable.

What I want to know is how is the QVC supply chain set up where something like this can happen?  This was not an "as-is" purchase.  I ordered NEW slippers.  How does 1) QVC accept a return like this and 2) (more importantly!) how do these get back into inventory to be shipped to a new customer?  The customer service rep told me that QVC never ships returns to a new customer. Well, obviously that's not true.

This makes me question QVC's processes during the pandemic.  For example, say these slippers were NOT full of hair and just jammed in the box.  I would have had no way of knowing that they had been in someone else's house. What if I had serious pet allergies?  l trusted QVC's distribution centres were following pandemic sanitization protocols, so I had no issues ordering online.

What has happened to the QVC I knew and loved?  This is worse than WalMart, and it's actually scary. 😭

@Patti  Good morning Patti, 

I am so sorry to see that this order was received in this condition, I will make sure to share this with the appropriate teams.  We are sending out a new pair to you today and you can throw these away. 

I am so sorry for the disappointment, 

Susan 

New Contributor

@Susan-QVC  Thank you so much for the response, Susan, and I appreciate the replacement order. But I am really concerned about what is happening to my QVC!  I have always trusted QVC for quality and this really makes me sad.   It really is important that you alert the folks who manage the processes because this seems to be happening to more than just one customer.

Sometimes I even pay slightly more for items on QVC because I have been a loyal customer for so many years.   This type of thing that happened to me with the slippers is the type of thing that really damages trust and loyalty.

Again, thank you for your response, but please carry this message to the leaders that can make appropriate (and necessary!) changes.

Thank you for your help!

Esteemed Contributor

@Patti    QVC does, indeed, ship returns to customers.  Once I purchased a "new", expensive, leather handbag from QVC.  It arrived with half eaten candy and candy wrappers inside.  I called CS immediately and returned it.  QVC picked up the return shipping charges.