Honored Contributor

I haven't seen this discussed here, although there's a lot of talk about it and a long list of complainants on QVC Facebook. 

Orders rock along "in process" on your order status page then they suddenly disappear.  I've had it happen twice.  One, a shirt, suddenly reappeared after several days and had shipped.  I got it yesterday.  The other, the recent Spenco shoe TSV with the knot over the top, shipped and should be delivered soon but there is no sign of it.

The danger of this is, what if something goes amiss and it doesn't get delivered, I have no reference as in no order number and I can't even find the item number.  How do I prove I even bought and paid for it?  What if I forget about it and my memory isn't jogged until next February or never?  It's just my loss, I guess.

This problem needs to be investigated and fixed immediately.  It should not happen again!  Keep close watch on your orders; although it should not be necessary, keeping a list would not be unreasonable. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

What about the email you get after your order is placed ? That has your item including the picture and the order number. Am I missing something ?

Respected Contributor

Re: Disappearing Orders

[ Edited ]

I know what you're talking about as the same dumb thing happened to me this week. I ordered Valerie's TSV ornament back in June and it was to ship on 8/16. The order had been there forever and a day and then when I checked Monday to see if had indeed shipped the order was completely gone...nowhere to be found. I contacted the Social Team and they could see it on their end but it was not showing up in my list of orders. The problem from what I can see is when the item moves from the bottom of your first page to the top of your second page it gets lost for a bit. I say this because later on when I placed some new orders the missing order showed up again...and that continues to happen with orders dropping off then coming back every time they move to the first item on the second page. Clear as mud? Anyway, it's not for me to figure out but for QVC to do so...and then fix it! Just another one in the long line of Q glitches. Woman Frustrated  

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

What about the email you get after your order is placed ? That has your item including the picture and the order number. Am I missing something ?

@Goodie2shoes   I delete those as soon as they're confirmed. 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I don't delete any emails re orders until I get the product in my hot little hands.

I also write down (hard copy) all pertinent order info -- item number, order number, price, etc. in case something goes wrong somewhere along the line.  I keep all my QVC orders together in a small notebook and can check them off when I receive the order and also when the bill comes in.

I have other notebooks as well and always keep a hard copy for anything I order.

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

I know what you're talking about as the same dumb thing happened to me this week. I ordered Valerie's TSV ornament back in June and it was to ship on 8/16. The order had been there forever and a day and then when I checked Monday to see if had indeed shipped the order was completely gone...nowhere to be found. I contacted the Social Team and they could see it on there end but it was not showing up in my list of orders. The problem from what I can see is when the item moves from the bottom of your first page to the top of your second page it gets lost for a bit. I say this because later on when I placed some new orders the missing order showed up again...and that continues to happen with orders dropping off then coming back every time they move to the first item on the second page. Clear as mud? Anyway, it's not for me to figure out but for QVC to do so...and then fix it! Just another one in the long line of Q glitches. Woman Frustrated  

@pupwhipped    I think you're absolutely correct.  I added a new item to my order summary today and suddenly my shoes popped up and are back in their place. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  wrote : I delete those as soon as they're confirmed. 

I never delete the email until my order is delivered and I have decided whether or not I need to return it. I follow the "your item has shipped" email  on my Iphone and if I have to return the item I still keep that email as proof of delivery. I check the website for staus of return. I have had to call CS for status of a return if it's not updated after about 2 weeks. That's just my way of keeping track

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I make file folders in my email account for various things.  In one file I keep the email confirmations of orders that I place online at various places.  I have another email folder for tracking confirmation emails.  That way I have a record of everything.

If I have to return something, I take a picture of the package with the return label with tracking # on it.  I track the package until it reaches the destination.  I don't delete the picture until I have my money refunded.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

For a few years now, everytime I order something online I take a picture of every page during the checkout process.

Quick and easy.

Then I have a record of all my order numbers, dates, item numbers, colours/sizes etc in case I need them, and I don't rely on the retailer to do the record keeping for me.

I have all the info I need to pursue a complaint, and it's easy to either file or delete the pictures after the item is delivered.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I don't delete any emails re orders until I get the product in my hot little hands.

I also write down (hard copy) all pertinent order info -- item number, order number, price, etc. in case something goes wrong somewhere along the line.  I keep all my QVC orders together in a small notebook and can check them off when I receive the order and also when the bill comes in.

I have other notebooks as well and always keep a hard copy for anything I order.

You are a smart cookie! I do somethind similar and don't discard info on the order till it ships and I decide to keep it.