Honored Contributor

Different shipping charges on same products?

Temp-tations has teamed up with the makers of the Cooking Buddy and has a one day only. 

But the shipping on the Temp-tations version is $5.50 and all the other Cooking Buddy choices are $3.00.

This is just crazy, and really makes me frustrated. Don't try to pass this off as a special deal by making up the discount on the increased shipping.

Same size product, same weight, and most likely the same packaging, so why the difference in shipping?

The Temp-taions version of this should be shipping out at $3 as well. Heck you ship a coat for less.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Different shipping charges on same products?

I do not understand what the problem is.  You know what the price of the product is as well as the shipping amount.  If you are in the market for this product, choose accordingly.

Some people, I assume, are willing to pay the extra money to get the TT version of the product, but since QVC is up front with its pricing, I do not understand the complaint.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KYToby wrote:

I do not understand what the problem is.  You know what the price of the product is as well as the shipping amount.  If you are in the market for this product, choose accordingly.

Some people, I assume, are willing to pay the extra money to get the TT version of the product, but since QVC is up front with its pricing, I do not understand the complaint.

It's quite simple. If they are mailing out a pair of red socks from company X for $3, then there is no reason they can't and shouldn't mail out a pair of green socks from company Y at the same shipping. If the weight and packaging are the equivalent, there is no reason to charge more shipping for one over the other.

The TT ones are made by the same company as the other Cooking Buddy's. They will weight the same, be in the same packaging etc. 

As I pointed out, you can order a coat from Q for less shipping than this small fabric item. It's Q's gouging that is the complaint. It's Q's inconsistency that is the complaint. It's Q's attempting to make the customer think they are getting a good price on an item, just to mark up the shipping above the others just like it, to recoup the cost of the discount. That is the complaint.

Not really rocket science.

edited to add Temptations has ceramic soup tureens shipping for the same price as this One Day Only small fabric item. Big difference in both size and weight. That is the complaint.

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Of course you don't.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

Of course you don't.

I was going to respond exactly the same, but knew I couldn't stop with that one sentence. So thank you.

Honored Contributor

Not that I agree with the poster, but one of his/her points is that if people really, really prefer the green sock over the red sock but the price of the green sock is $1 more than the red one, they will pay the $1 because they really really want that specific color, not the "same" sock in a different color that they may not want. Point being that if someone really wants the Temptation pattern they will be willing to pay a premium to get it.

That QVC would resort to this is, I agree, tacky and I understand your annoyance, but many retailers or manufacturers do this - Amazon sellers are FAMOUS for this tactic, it's their #1 merchandising ploy.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

Not that I agree with the poster, but one of his/her points is that if people really, really prefer the green sock over the red sock but the price of the green sock is $1 more than the red one, they will pay the $1 because they really really want that specific color, not the "same" sock in a different color that they may not want. Point being that if someone really wants the Temptation pattern they will be willing to pay a premium to get it.

That QVC would resort to this is, I agree, tacky and I understand your annoyance, but many retailers or manufacturers do this - Amazon sellers are FAMOUS for this tactic, it's their #1 merchandising ploy.

@Moonchilde

And your example is one reason I do NOT shop at Amazon.....in my case it was a vendor advetising a named brand item in both their photo and description but what you received was a cheap knockoff....and when I wrote this in a review my review was deleted and when I contacted Amazon never got a response........ Never shopped with them again......Some of Amazon's vendors are very snake oil salesmen like .....

Both companies can play games with their shipping all they want but they won't get my business either!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

Temp-tations has teamed up with the makers of the Cooking Buddy and has a one day only. 

But the shipping on the Temp-tations version is $5.50 and all the other Cooking Buddy choices are $3.00.

This is just crazy, and really makes me frustrated. Don't try to pass this off as a special deal by making up the discount on the increased shipping.

Same size product, same weight, and most likely the same packaging, so why the difference in shipping?

The Temp-taions version of this should be shipping out at $3 as well. Heck you ship a coat for less.

@Mominohio

QVC really loves to play game with their shipping fees........

And I noticed on their handbags they raised the shipping from an OUTRAGEOUS $10.95 to an even more outrageous $12.22....and they ship them in the same ole plain QVC cardboard box that everything else comes in too.....

And then that incident with that North Pole Welcome sign it weighed 13lbs they were charging $54.97, but on the elf that weighed 19lbs they were charging $24.97

It looks like they are trying to make up for their decline in sales on their shipping .....

This is why I'm shopping less and less with QVC!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

@Moonchilde - I agree people will pay a premium for a color or design, but the premium would be paid on the item not the shipping. For example, if a widget comes in green and blue, I might be willing to pay $5 more for the blue one, but they would cost the same to ship. By QVC putting the premium on the shipping price in this case, it starts to have the feel of an underhanded money grab than a consumer making a conscious choice to pay more for the item they want.
Honored Contributor

@J9 wrote:
@Moonchilde - I agree people will pay a premium for a color or design, but the premium would be paid on the item not the shipping. For example, if a widget comes in green and blue, I might be willing to pay $5 more for the blue one, but they would cost the same to ship. By QVC putting the premium on the shipping price in this case, it starts to have the feel of an underhanded money grab than a consumer making a conscious choice to pay more for the item they want.

@J9, good point. Not defending QVC, but I wonder if/how much what the vendor/wants/decides figures in. For example I buy Vionic shoes and sometimes s&h is free and sometimes they charge, for no rhyme or reason I can see, but I have just figured that the company decided what their bottom line was on that item. I do wish we knew how these things are decided, by whom, and why.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all