Honored Contributor

Re: Did you know that QVC is not a BBB accredited company?

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

@new nickname 4  They aren't recommended by Consumer Reports, either.  CR has taken issue most notably with their pricing policies.

@VegasBusinessWoman- Can you tell me the source of that information?  I've been with Consumer Reports for at least as long as I've been a customer of QVC and never come across it, but I really would be interested.  TIA.

Honored Contributor

I don't place my trust with such nonsense.  I judge a business on my actual experiences.

Esteemed Contributor

@new nickname 4  They aren't recommended by Consumer Reports, either.  CR has taken issue most notably with their pricing policies.

@VegasBusinessWoman,  when did Consumer Reports start rating companies? 

Every single report I've read deals with products not companies.  Taking issue with pricing policies is not a critique of a company as a whole, nor is it a recommendation to avoid a company.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp- I've never heard of "Consumer Reports" rating companies either, but I'd certainly like to hear from @VegasBusinessWoman what is the source of her comment.

I get the CR magazine and also subscribe to the online version so, if we don't get an answer, I may shoot them an email and ask, just to clarify the issue.

It may be this poster is confusing "Consumer Reports" with a similar-sounding organization.  I can't imagine CR having any opinion on QVC's "pricing policies".  What has that got to do with the quality of a product?

Trusted Contributor

I

@Marp wrote:

@VegasBusinessWoman,  when did Consumer Reports start rating companies? 

Every single report I've read deals with products not companies.  Taking issue with pricing policies is not a critique of a company as a whole, nor is it a recommendation to avoid a company.

@Marp I didn't say it was.  Calm down.

Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

I just checked and am quite surprised.  They have a one star rating on customer reviews.  I usually check small local companies, but have not bothered with large companies.  

Thanks! @new nickname 4 Didn't know that.