Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone receive a phone call from Customer Service?

I investigated fraud for 20 years. I would hang up on such a call.

It's easy for a scammer to know you post on forums or buy from Q. Everything is tracked online and hackers/scammers/viruses can easily figure it out. 

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I got one also, last Friday.  I said I have no issues with CS. However......

My issue is with on-air personalities.  The only time they mention Shipping and Handling is when it is FREE.  Other than FREE they never mention Shipping and Handling and it can be very costly.

I know it's what the powers that be want.  I just think it's wrong.

I got one and the caller ID did identify QVC, so I picked it up.

Why should the hosts mention the shipping cost when it is clearly on the screen for every item and visible when ordering online?

Yes, free shipping is def better, but I don't think $3.50 to $5.50 is costly. Other sites charge even more.

Honored Contributor

What was the phone number shown on CID? Anyone remember? I don't recall ever seeing 'Qvc' on my CID. Sometimes just a phone number appears w/o a name.

Esteemed Contributor

@SugarGlider     Why don't you call CS and ask them if they called?

Esteemed Contributor

I would think they generally send an email to the customer.  I never answer calls when I don't recognize the #.   We had someone calling us asking for my DH's medicare information.  They said they were from our pharmacy and that actually came up on the ID of the number.  Scammers can make their calls come from local area codes now, you should never give them any information at all.   I physically went to the pharmacy and they had made no such call.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

It's easy for a scammer to know you post on forums or buy from Q. Everything is tracked online and hackers/scammers/viruses can easily figure it out. 

@CalminHeart    Why would a scammer care what you think about QVC customer service?  Their time would be better spent elsewhere.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

My issue is with on-air personalities.  The only time they mention Shipping and Handling is when it is FREE.  Other than FREE they never mention Shipping and Handling and it can be very costly.

Why should the hosts mention the shipping cost when it is clearly on the screen for every item and visible when ordering online?

Yes, free shipping is def better, but I don't think $3.50 to $5.50 is costly. Other sites charge even more.

@RespectLife 

Not everyone that is "watching" has sight.  I know of a few blind people that listen to QVC, HSN  and YouTube.  It can be costly if they order multiple items. 

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey 

Oh I see, then hopefully they listen to the automated ordering info or the CS rep that takes their order so they will know exactly what the costs are before they place the order.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@CalminHeart    Why would a scammer care what you think about QVC customer service?  Their time would be better spent elsewhere.

It would be very easy for a caller to ask questions, get one talking, and then sprinkle in some identifying questions and then find ways to send scam or viruses to your computer, burglarize your home, etc.

Crooks are very creative and can easily trick someone, no matter how smart one is. I investigated fraud for 20 years so I know.

I am very skeptical of any phone call, email or text where I don't know the sender.  

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@RespectLife 

Not everyone that is "watching" has sight.  I know of a few blind people that listen to QVC, HSN  and YouTube.  It can be costly if they order multiple items. 

The customer is responsible for knowing the costs of a purchase. Just because someone is blind doesn't mean they aren't smart enough to know the total.