Occasional Contributor

Did I pay full price for a used Dooney?

I was so excited to buy my first Dooney. Not so much after it arrived. Here is my story. I watched the Florentine Small Brenna bag for days and only Navy was available. One day, a Natural popped up. Full price, not as is. I thought it was strange that they would get inventory of only 1 new Natural bag but I quickly snapped it up. It arrived today and it had all the stuffing but the long strap was not secured, just loosely folded up and laying on top of the dust bag sticking up out of the top of the bag. Also, the one side has a rather large crease that causes the bag to bend over instead of sit upright once stuffing was removed. The bag smells new. It also had some shading here and there but I don't know if that is from someone wearing it or the natural look of the leather? It did have a little more pebble texture then I expected for a Florentine. A few scratches here and there as well. I'm on the fence if it is new or a return. For $340 with tax and shipping, I want a brand new bag. If anyone can help me out to know if these things are common or not? Thanks in advance. I posted this on the handbag area and some say the strap is the give away that it is not new.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Did I pay full price for a used Dooney?

Hi @lucky72grl, We sincerely apologize for the condition you recieved your order.  It was not intentionally sent to you that way.  I'm happy to do all I can to help. Please contact us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Kinski, Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

The few times yesterday that I stopped for a moment to watch the Dooney presentations while waiting for ads to be done on other channels I could see scratches on various bags during close-ups. Considering I was doing brief drive-bys and saw them, in real life it must be quite common for them to be or get scratched easily. Or maybe the QVC samples are just handled roughly and that explains it because they surely must be popular being they are on so frequently for hours and hours and hours.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucky72grl wrote:

I was so excited to buy my first Dooney. Not so much after it arrived. Here is my story. I watched the Florentine Small Brenna bag for days and only Navy was available. One day, a Natural popped up. Full price, not as is. I thought it was strange that they would get inventory of only 1 new Natural bag but I quickly snapped it up. It arrived today and it had all the stuffing but the long strap was not secured, just loosely folded up and laying on top of the dust bag sticking up out of the top of the bag. Also, the one side has a rather large crease that causes the bag to bend over instead of sit upright once stuffing was removed. The bag smells new. It also had some shading here and there but I don't know if that is from someone wearing it or the natural look of the leather? It did have a little more pebble texture then I expected for a Florentine. A few scratches here and there as well. I'm on the fence if it is new or a return. For $340 with tax and shipping, I want a brand new bag. If anyone can help me out to know if these things are common or not? Thanks in advance. I posted this on the handbag area and some say the strap is the give away that it is not new.

Hi @lucky72grl ....  I once purchased a new (not as is) handbag from the Q (not a Dooney) that was clearly a return.  It had candy; half eaten candy, and candy wrappers in it.  Yuck!!  I immediately returned it.  I haven't purchased a handbag from the Q in a very long time!!

Occasional Contributor

I watched an unboxing of the same bag sent to someone from QVC on YouTube and realized my bags handles were not wrapped and it was missing the tags. So it was clearly a used bag that I bought as new. Apparently these do slip through from what others have been saying on here. I'll contact customer care and get a resolve. Thanks all.

Esteemed Contributor

If you had gone into a dept store and bought that bag there is no guarantee that you are getting a brand new bag. Stores take returns.  If the item shows no evidence of damage or wear it gets put right back into stock and obviously can be resold.  When you buy a clothing item at a store you have no idea if someone bought that item and then returned it and it was put back on the racks.  not seeing the difference here.