Honored Contributor

Denim & Company Free Shipping

Why withhold such a great offer as free shipping from Hawaii customers? I have at least 6 D&C items that I want to purchase but knowing Free shipping isn't applicable to Hawaii customers is making me think twice about those purchases. I don't understand it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Re: Denim & Company Free Shipping

@SurferWife wrote:

Why withhold such a great offer as free shipping from Hawaii customers? I have at least 6 D&C items that I want to purchase but knowing Free shipping isn't applicable to Hawaii customers is making me think twice about those purchases. I don't understand it.

Exactly, I live in Alaska and there have been so many items I did not purchase.  The high shipping & handling and return fees are just too cost prohibitive.  It would be nice to see free shipping to Alaska and Hawaii when offered on items.

Respected Contributor

Must be too expensive to ship to your areas.

Honored Contributor

Do they reduce the shipping costs by what would have been shipping for us mainlanders if it weren't free?  That would give you the same benefit the rest of us shoppers get.

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

Must be too expensive to ship to your areas.

@sparklestar...no, it's not.  I ship things home to my family on the mainland all the time and it is no more expensive to ship from here than if I were shipping it from the mainland.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Do they reduce the shipping costs by what would have been shipping for us mainlanders if it weren't free?  That would give you the same benefit the rest of us shoppers get.

@millieshops...I'm not quite sure I understand your question, but I can say QVCs shipping to HI & AK is exponentially higher than on the mainland.  Even outside of free shipping, we don't get to pay $3 that mainlanders do.  Obviously it varies by item being shipped, but using a D&C shirt (Item #A278997) the shipping to HI is $5.47.  No, it's not a lot, but when I have a cart full of things I'd like to order, it adds up quickly.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife -   Sorry I wasn't clear.  I do get why QVC (some other companies, too?) doesn't offer the same free shipping to Hawaii as they do to the mainland, but they could still subtract the $3 the rest of us save. 

In the $5.47 example you gave, that $3 off still wouldn't be free, but it would be well over half of what you're usually paying.  That's what I was thinking when I asked my question earlier.  Now I'm thinking they don't give you any benefit.  Am I right?

Esteemed Contributor

QVC  isn't the only company that charges more to ship to Alaska and Hawaii.

From what I hear tell, everything is more expensive there, even groceries.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@SurferWife -   Sorry I wasn't clear.  I do get why QVC (some other companies, too?) doesn't offer the same free shipping to Hawaii as they do to the mainland, but they could still subtract the $3 the rest of us save. 

In the $5.47 example you gave, that $3 off still wouldn't be free, but it would be well over half of what you're usually paying.  That's what I was thinking when I asked my question earlier.  Now I'm thinking they don't give you any benefit.  Am I right?

@millieshops...I follow you now...no we don't get that benefit, which is why something has to be a really good deal for me to order it. I generally order directly from the vendor (those who have their own website as well as sell on QVC), and I can say they all have free shipping to Hawaii.