Valued Contributor

Re: Delivery---Why take orders?

@Pook 

I guess I will learn my lesson and QUIT ORDERING !!!!

Honored Contributor

@quilter61 wrote:

I also order from LL Bean.  I just ordered something from them and it stated right under the item that there would be a delay.   Another company I ordered from sent me a $15 to use for a future purchase stating they were sorry for the delay in shipping an item I ordered.   If other companies can do this, why can't QVC.  

Probably because they are smaller companies!

Respected Contributor

I understand the nightmare with shipping delays.  I just wish that QVC would be more transparent and upfront when doing the hard sell and just say "We'll do our best to get this to you ASAP but if we encounter shipping delays we will be sure to let you know and ask for your patience and understanding". 

Esteemed Contributor

I've been waiting 10 days for an item to ship...."preparing your order". What a joke! 

Esteemed Contributor

I always hate to be the one to chime in with this because I don't mean to be rubbing my good fortune in the faces of those experiencing issues, but everything I've ordered has been delivered quite quickly over the past few months, from immediate orders to advance orders. I did have an issue with QVC cancelling an order without telling me and not having an explanation about why this happened, but aside from that, I've had great order service and delivery.

In cases where items are not specifically labeled as having delays but are still slow to reach the customer, it seems there are two factors at play: 1) Sometimes people don't notice that the item they ordered was actually an advance order, and QVC doesn't do a great job of noting that a lot of the time; and 2) It really depends on what you order as to whether you'll receive it in a timely manner. Some vendors ship more quickly than others. Some items such as fashion have been very slow to be processed and shipped for a few years now, so it is best to expect delays even if that isn't ideal. Some items such as kitchen or home products tend to process and ship very promptly, and they also often seem to be available from multiple locations, enabling quick delivery because they're closer to their final destination.

It would be nice if there were a way to have more consistency in the process, but when the majority of items sold are handled by vendors across the country, often the best that can be done is to have service level agreements (SLAs) and try to work with individual vendors to make sure they're met. I'm not positive QVC has SLAs with all vendors, but hopefully it does so it can address ongoing problems with specific vendors or locations. And sadly, I fully anticipate that delays will increase and lengthen in the coming months as ever more orders are placed and ever more supply chain and staffing issues arise.

Honored Contributor

Almost every day I get an email saying "we're sorry your order for bla bla item will be delayed". 

Someone else not long ago brought this up too. I posted then that I get these emails too but it seemed like the item would show up the very next day.

It's certainly not like this anymore. I have so many orders out there that I'm expecting - or I hope to expect them. It's now taking a good 10 days at the least to get my goods. 

Yes it's frustrating to say the least. One of these fine days, I may actually get everythnig all at once. My mailman will not be happy.

Occasional Contributor

The containers are stuck at port is an old, poor excuse for not receiving merchandise. QVC should not accept orders for anything that isn't already in a warehouse somewhere in the USA. It's simply poor management.