Valued Contributor

You can't deliver?  I placed an order on July 30th and now it says expected Aug. 30th.  Yet you can't cancel it, as it is "in progress".....

WHAT THE H????????

Trusted Contributor

Re: Delivery---Why take orders?

Unfortunately, This is the new norm. 

Respected Contributor

@highmaintenancejan MIne is not a long as yours...I placed orders on 8.13 the free ship for $75 orders and I have gotten several emails changing date of delivery from the 26th to now today (yesterday too) the 30th.  On merchandise that was clearance so older purchases.  But the odd thing is it only applied until yesterday to 1 top I ordered then email again including another item.  All the rest from the Vionic TSV shoe's and several other items they won't ship out and can't tell me why.  Tried CS several times no explanation at all.  

Oh and you can't cancel any of it...they lock it up tight in process state.  

Honored Contributor

I thought about this yesterday.  I got an e-mail from L. L. BEAN saying a shirt I ordered that was backordered would be another week (making total of three weeks) backordered and gave me a link to cancel the order!

SO one would THINK that backward old QVC could do some industrial spying and find out how L. L. BEAN is able to be nice to customers with their computers and QVC can't do the same thing!  

Really?  Really!  

Super Contributor

I keep getting delay messages too. Have an order placed on August 11th. Just got the 3rd delay message today.

I want the option of canceling. Told no when I do the chat thing to customer service. That it's to far in process. Really?

Didn't QVC used to give an option to cancel if your item was delayed? I seem to remember they did

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

After reading some of the news articles about all the shipping problems. whether the difficulties at the Chinese ports, the container ship backups at some of the US ports, etc., it's easy to understand why many orders are showing "exended delivery".  My thinking is that I need to get any Christmas gift orders placed now, to have any hope of getting them on time.  The shipping difficulties are very scary.  And, of course, add to that the USPS slow delivery.  

Honored Contributor

Well, then if we all so aware of the "shipping problems" why does QVC continue to sell items they do not have???  And not being able to cancel an order is pretty poor customer relations, IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I thought about this yesterday.  I got an e-mail from L. L. BEAN saying a shirt I ordered that was backordered would be another week (making total of three weeks) backordered and gave me a link to cancel the order!

SO one would THINK that backward old QVC could do some industrial spying and find out how L. L. BEAN is able to be nice to customers with their computers and QVC can't do the same thing!  

Really?  Really!  

I ordered a pair of pants from LLBean that we're backordered. I think it took about 6 weeks to get them. And yes, I was given a link to cancel if I wanted to.

Frequent Contributor

I also order from LL Bean.  I just ordered something from them and it stated right under the item that there would be a delay.   Another company I ordered from sent me a $15 to use for a future purchase stating they were sorry for the delay in shipping an item I ordered.   If other companies can do this, why can't QVC.  

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejan   I have received emails from many places I have ordered from about delays in shipping.  It is not QVC or any company's fault.  There are huge shipping delays everywhere and all that is known is that a ships with products are sitting  somewhere.  When sold it was thought the product would have went to the vendor.  What chaos would transpire if orders started to be cancelled.  It's not like it's known where exactly they are.  Should all companies shut down until shipping issues are resolved?  For me I am willing to wait because of all this as the world does not revolve around my wants.