Honored Contributor

Re: Delivery Promises Not Fulfilled

@jonrich614

I'm a longtime Q shopper & have purchased big ticket items yet when I read posts like yours "CS rep Yelled" I find this hard to imagine.  I've had my fair share of problems with a order and contacted CS and never have experienced what "new posters" like you have.

I would assume you were upset & most likely, were not the calmest & I would as a CS rep hang up because they were getting no where as you weren't accepting of the explanation.  

As for ordering from Q for a specific item -- definitely not a good idea unless you have enough time to be shipped from vendor adding days of processing & who knows how long it takes for delivery with so many new options!

What I don't understand if you truly need this Nintendo item why didn't you allow the re-order if they offered but I certainly can't imagine they can guarantee delivery.  

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 - Although the vast majority of my experiences with QVC customer service over the years have been simple and nice, I have had two very bad experiences as well, so I don't think it's safe to assume that the fault is always on the side of new posters. I am far more likely to believe that is the case when someone posts a complaint and never returns to the forums than I am when the person comes back and responds to comments.

And whether you're a new Q shopper or not, why wouldn't you expect that an item you ordered would be delivered to you as promised? It's true that QVC's order processing time is much longer than many people might expect, but that only sounds like the beginning of the problems experienced by the OP.

From seeing you around the forums, I know that you usually are not a critical person, but I felt that I needed to say something here; the OP is clearly distressed and looking for help, and this post is just going to cause more frustration.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1. @loriqvc.  Usually customer service reps are instructed to end calls if the customer becomes abusive or uses profane language.  I know; I worked in a J.C. Penney Catalog Center part-time for 3 years.  Fun job helping people shop.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@loriqvc

yes I am sorry if I seem "harsh" but I can only imagine a rep hanging up (actually disconnecting call) because they are being yelled at.

True not all my issues were solved yet I think when ordering for "first time" or a "big ticket item" Q needs to be more forthcoming with the hosts telling to allow extra time.  Unfortunately, it's all about the $$$$.  

Believe me what truly annoys me most is the other day selling the Bose headphones -- a caller who was buying 6 sets asks this rep I'm buying for my "tech savvy" older children is this the best on the market? He thought for a minute-- then the host answered "yes best on the market.".  then caller asks "eventhough they aren't wireless?".  Rep again stops to think how to answer -- host jumps in "you'll not find a better price and they are the most updated version & they won't be here after Christmas".   (Well, BOSE does make a wireless version and why lead the caller to believe it's the newest on the market). 

.  Plus, the host said 10xs guaranteed christmas delivery😉

Thank you for pointing out I was perhaps "critical" but then again,I don't see the mods (esp. ones who normally patrol these boards) stepping in to help -- makes me think there is more to this story than just delayed shipping.

Occasional Contributor

@homedecor1 just because I am a “new poster” here doesn’t mean I’m a new shopper. I’ve purchased from QVC before and have never had an issue. I was posting here, not to get my character attacked but in hopes of someone being able to hopefully offer assistance. I can assure you I treated the reps other nothing but respect and stated several times that I knew the issue wasn’t specifically her fault, having worked in CS before I would never curse at someone or accuse someone of something that isn’t their doing.
As I stated before I’ve never had an issue before ordering from QVC. I admire the fact that you apparently have never struggled financially or in your life but that isn’t the case for a lot of people. I’m not going to get into the details of my life that are none of your business but I can assure you that if I was able to walk into Target and purchase this right now to ensure that I have it, I would. Thank you @loriqvc for sticking up for me and exactly like you said, if I order an item and it states guarantee by 12/25, I wouldn’t think I have any reason to be concerned that it wouldn’t be here.
Esteemed Contributor

@jonrich614 - Were you able to get help from the QVC Social Team so you know what's going on with your order?

Super Contributor

They keep saying they guarantee your order to be there by Christmas, but don't say what they will do for you if it doesn

't.  How about a credit!!

Honored Contributor

@jonrich614

please accept my apology as @loriqvc pointed out I went a little off the "rail"...the bottom line is "host & Q assure Christmas delivery".  Funny thing today is a cold day & I'm home so I've flicked on Q more than anytime this season.  The host must have said 100x's "order today "guaranteed" delivery by Christmas".  

I hope you receive your items.  

Honored Contributor

I don't what to say except that you're taking chances if you wait until 12/13 to order something that you absolutely must have by Christmas from any shopping channel.  Stuff happens and as an adult, we all should know that.  I'm sorry this happened to you but it doesn't really surprise me.  My own cut off date for ordering must have Christmas gifts was 12/10 and even that was cutting it close.  I suspect that your situation really is like one from yesterday.  You wanted to purchase to pricey items on Easy Pay but you don't have the full price for those items available on your credit card now.  That's why c.s. said that you could order them now to be shipped before Christmas.  She meant if you pay now and don't use Easy Pay because both items are available so the vendor not being able to fulfill the order is not correct.      

Regular Contributor

New account complaining about Christmas being ruined. Something smells here...

Yet, you easily spent close-to or over $1K on two items-- one for you, one for your kids-- when could have easily spent money on smaller, more meaningful gifts instead of the most recent tech. 

@jonrich614 wrote:

I admire the fact that you apparently have never struggled financially or in your life but that isn’t the case for a lot of people. I’m not going to get into the details of my life that are none of your business but I can assure you that if I was able to walk into Target and purchase this right now to ensure that I have it, I would.