Honored Contributor

I have noticed that some posters have numerous images in their posts, yet their profile page only contains an album for “profile pictures.”

When I try deleting all images, my pictures in posts are then gone.

I am getting the message “you must delete images before you will be allowed to add more.”

I don’t understand the discrepancy here.
Would someone please explain this to me?
What mistake have I made in posting?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: Deleting images QUESTION

[ Edited ]

@LTT1,  When we use the "Insert/edit image" feature, it adds the image to our albums.  The digital image is saved here, on the forum hosting site.   Evidently the site has a limit on the number of images, so you're seeing a message that indicates you've reached the limit.

Some posters don't use the "Insert/edit image option" -- they copy and paste pix from other sites directly into their posts.   In that case, those pix are not saved/stored here in their albums.    For that reason, if we look at their profile we don't see many images.

When we add an image to a post (or to our avatar) using the "Insert/edit image," the actual original image only physically exists in our album.   

The site doesn't add an actual copy of the pic to the post.   What we see in the post (or avatar) is only a link that "looks" over to the album and temporarily provides the image to the post or the avatar. 

If we delete the image from the album, we break the link and we see a red "X" (broken image). 

Think of it like an original painting displayed in a gallery, with a security camera "looking" at it and a person viewing the feed from the security camera seeing the painting.   

As long as the painting is there in the gallery, the security camera can see it.    If someone removes the image from the gallery, the security camera no longer can view it.   The wall is empty.

Our albums are like the gallery and our links to them (in posts or avatars) are like the camera.    If we remove the image from the album, the "wall is empty" and the link is broken.   The red "X" appears.

I hope that makes sense.  Not always sure if my long-winded explanations are clear. 🙃   If you have more questions, just ask -- someone here will be able to help.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

Once again, you are WONDERFUL and so is your explanation.

I could follow every word.

Thank you so much!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

lovestoteach wrote:

@dooBdoo

Once again, you are WONDERFUL and so is your explanation.

I could follow every word.

Thank you so much!

You're welcome, @LTT1!   And thank you for the kind compliment.   You're a gem!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Hi and given this response how does one acess their photos. I always use the prompt to add the photos

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Hi and given this response how does one acess their photos. I always use the prompt to add the photos

@I am still oxox,  Go to your profile (quick way is to just click/tap on your nickname).   On the left side of the screen, under "My images," click/tap on "View Images for [your name]" and you'll be directed to your albums.   Then, just click/tap on the album to see the images saved there.

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

Thank you 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I am still oxox wrote:

@dooBdoo

Thank you 

You're welcome, @I am still oxox!

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

And might I add, only slightly off topic, that dooBdoo, the image of your avatar is adorable!  All set for winter...😺❄️⛄️

Honored Contributor

geezerette wrote:

@dooBdoo

And might I add, only slightly off topic, that dooBdoo, the image of your avatar is adorable!  All set for winter...😺❄️⛄️

Thanks, @geezerette! 😻  I found these by KilkennyCat Art by R. Conners, and his style makes me smile!   I'm glad you like it, too.  Another of  his creations:

Conners kitty autumn