Regular Contributor

Yesterday a post of mine was deleted. It was in response to someone asking for suggestions while visiting NYC.

I included links to the Met, a public garden, a couple of restaurants. None of these is a QVC competitor or a solicitation.

Clearly, sometime took the time to report me. (which has happened in quick succession to almost all of my posts btw).

Why was this post poofed? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Deleted post

[ Edited ]

@LinaL wrote:

Yesterday a post of mine was deleted. It was in response to someone asking for suggestions while visiting NYC.

I included links to the Met, a public garden, s couple of restaurants. None of these is a QVC competitor or a solicitation.

Clearly, sometime took the time to report me. (which has happened in quick succession to almost all of my posts btw).

Why was this post poofed? 

@LinaL  I will let the Mods answer, but just FYI, the Mods will delete some posts and nobody reported the post.  The Mods read the boards too.  I didn't see your post, but from what you wrote above,  I suspect your post was deleted because of links to restaurants, e.g. promoting a business.  Either that or your links to museums had items for sale, as many museum shops do.  I don't know though. Just wanted to make you aware that posts are deleted sometimes by people reporting them and sometime not.

Honored Contributor

@LinaL I don't have your answer but I have had posts removed that made little sense to me too.I can only say that someone must have reported it and the mod just responded.I wonder if they really take the time to read before they delete.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did the mods not say why your post was deleted?  There is a very good chance something in the links you posted is what caused the deletion. 

@LinaL, a very lengthy post from you is still on the thread.  There are no links posted within it though. 

Honored Contributor

if the links contained anything for sale, they may have been deleted because of that......even if qvc doesnt sell something like it, they have been deleting sale links. next time,  just mention the websites instead of posting links.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

There was no reason given. It just disappeared. 

Thank you @Pearlee, @dex, @sunshine45@Lipstickdiva

Honored Contributor

My conclusion regarding links has been that all links are headed for deletion, but I will admit I drew that conclusion from seeing so many posters talk about being deleted -  I've never read the details of the policy.

That would certainly be the most efficient use of moderator time -  no need to read and decide.  Just use a software search feature that shows a link is included and delete that post.

Esteemed Contributor

I was replying to your thread- and if I remember correctly there  were links posted.

Honored Contributor

I just read the post so I wonder if the mod removed it to remove the links and put it back up?

It doesn't say it was altered but there are no links.

Esteemed Contributor

Under 'Travel'  there's a current  thread started by LAPG-  ' Question for frequent visitors to NYC'. Maybe that's why it was deleted- I think the moderators delete duplicates.