QVC Customer Care

@LinaL   This was copied from our "Community Standards"

QVC Community Standards for Participation — QVC.com

Honored Contributor

Sorry, all, but this whole thread reminds me of the expression:  "what part of NO don't you understand?"

Esteemed Contributor

The  moderators are hired to make sure the rules are followed.  I am very comfortable having them there.  You can only imagine what it would be like if everyone could do and say what they pleased.  QVC owns this site and has every right to control it. 

Six months ago I  posted a response to  my friend on Facebook.  Someone picked up on it and both of us had a terrible time trying to undo the damage.  Yes, political but in hindsight it was not worth the time we had to spend.

So count your blessings that this forum is protected. 

Regular Contributor

@millieshops

What's your point? 

I was asking if links were allowed. Some said yes, others said no. Mod gave me an answer. And, yet, there are current threads with links. 

"Can Supermarkets Save Dying Suburban Malls?" being an example. I, personally, don't care either way. I just want to know the rules. Apparently, they're fluid. 

Honored Contributor

@LinaL wrote:
I just want to know the rules. Apparently, they're fluid. 

Scroll down to the bottom left of website &/or click on my links to read them for yourself....

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

QVC Social Team

@LinaL wrote:

Yesterday a post of mine was deleted. It was in response to someone asking for suggestions while visiting NYC.

I included links to the Met, a public garden, a couple of restaurants. None of these is a QVC competitor or a solicitation.

Clearly, sometime took the time to report me. (which has happened in quick succession to almost all of my posts btw).

Why was this post poofed? 

Hello @LinaL - I wanted to jump in here to let you know that your post was not deleted by any moderator and was not reported by any poster. . What happened was that your post included a lot of links, which were fine by the way, and the automatic Spam Filter picked it up as spam. Sometimes it will do that when there are a lot of links in a post as it think we are being spammed. Sorry this happened but I wanted to let you know. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Deleted post

[ Edited ]

@Eva-QVC

Thank you. 

I knew I wasn't hallucinating. Smiley Happy

Mystery solved. 

ETA: and now I know not to overdo it on the links. The less, the merrier.  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: Deleted post

[ Edited ]

@Eva-QVC

@Susan-QVC

I see you restored my original post with the links. I appreciate it.

I was really more concerned about what had happened and how not to have it happen again. 

Thanks, again, for your help. 

Honored Contributor

@LinaLSorry if you were upset.  My point is that over and over posters complain about being deleted and close to 99% of the time it's because they post something political or with links.  It's always been my impression that all links were out of line.  Could the mods miss an occasional one?  Very possible -  just as police don't stop all speeders.  Just not happening - and almost everyone is pleased when they escape a ticket.

Some posters threaten to go elsewhere because of the mods.  I almost left a while back before QVC finally added them.  There are thousands of free-wheeling forums elsewhere on which you can say anything at all.  I don't choose to be there.