Super Contributor

Definitely Not What I Ordered (And Funny Really)

A couple of days ago I opened a QVC envelope expecting a pair of capri pants but instead pulled out (unwrapped) a size 38D size bra top for a swimsuit. There wasn't an invoice inside, but the tracking number on the envelope was correct for the capri pants. So I called a sweet lady at Customer Service and told her what had happened.  Here's the funny part--the brand on the bra/swimsuit top wasn't one even sold at QVC.  Huh?! She didn't really know how that had happened either but we guess the fulfillment center handles other stores perhaps. (That brand is on Target's web site.)  So she is mailing (not emailing) me a return label and crediting the full amount on my account.  Here's what's causing some problems now according to her--the system QVC uses is twenty years old and is being revamped.  So in the interval there's problems happening (such as being unable to print return labels even for customer service people).  I made her laugh when I told her the top was ugly really and much too big for me! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Definitely Not What I Ordered (And Funny Really)

How funny,  and what an odd thing to happen!!

Frequent Contributor

The last part of your post on the system change hit home with me.  Not only have I been having issues with their site it brings back memories of my work days.

I used to work for a large company that never bought new software until the absolutely had to.  And then they would rework the old to work with the new.  This always caused problems.

Also, instead of buying the best software they would go with the cheapest knockoff that was available.

Honored Contributor

@InStitches49 wrote:

A couple of days ago I opened a QVC envelope expecting a pair of capri pants but instead pulled out (unwrapped) a size 38D size bra top for a swimsuit. There wasn't an invoice inside, but the tracking number on the envelope was correct for the capri pants. So I called a sweet lady at Customer Service and told her what had happened.  Here's the funny part--the brand on the bra/swimsuit top wasn't one even sold at QVC.  Huh?! She didn't really know how that had happened either but we guess the fulfillment center handles other stores perhaps. (That brand is on Target's web site.)  So she is mailing (not emailing) me a return label and crediting the full amount on my account.  Here's what's causing some problems now according to her--the system QVC uses is twenty years old and is being revamped.  So in the interval there's problems happening (such as being unable to print return labels even for customer service people).  I made her laugh when I told her the top was ugly really and much too big for me! 

@InStitches49 How funny! Hope it gets sorted out.  

That excuse about the computer system--no company can afford to be 20 years out of date and no if they had paid attention to this is would not have happened.  It blew up when they went to cheaper IT services last year.  Nothing has worked since.  

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for sharing your unusual experience.  And a limp one hand clapping to QVC for finally updating a 20 year old system; sheesh.

Esteemed Contributor

Could it be that the package was miss delivered and opened and items swapped out?  Many someone really liked the pants.  A couple of times have opened someone else's package.  

Honored Contributor

@InStitches49 How funny! Hope it gets sorted out.  

That excuse about the computer system--no company can afford to be 20 years out of date and no if they had paid attention to this is would not have happened.  It blew up when they went to cheaper IT services last year.  Nothing has worked since.

@Sooner    With all due respect, nothing with QVC's IT has worked as it should for YEARS.   I don't know if they started using a lesser service but nothing changed last year.  It has been the same for MANY YEARS.  I can't even remember a time when I could do an effective search.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Could it be that the package was miss delivered and opened and items swapped out?  Many someone really liked the pants.  A couple of times have opened someone else's package.  

@Still Raining   No, what the OP experienced is not unusual.  I had it happen about a month ago.  I got someone else's SG top.  No invoice so we didn't know who.  I contacted CS and asked for a label to return it.  I was told labels weren't  available and to just keep it.  My own order with that tracking # never turned up.  I got a credit.

Not only that but I've had it happen before.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

A couple of years ago I bought a pair of white winter boots on line from a sporting goods store for my daughter.  Instead of boots, I got a pair of black Mens Nike sandals.