Esteemed Contributor

Re: Deferred interest/ with pay is a joke !

[ Edited ]

@boniboy15 The deferred billing with the Q card is VERY confusing. 

I just moved my remaining easy pays to another card and the only thing on the Q card is the deferred billing item.  That way I can keep track of NO INTEREST.

NEVER. AGAIN.

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

@santorini wrote:

Apostrophe usage is still taught in grade school, right?

@santorini Oh, you are lovely.  I almost snorted water on my keyboard when I read your comment.  Thank you for my giggles.  Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

@Peaches McPhee  Thank you for explaining.  I couldn't grasp what the poster was saying.  

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

Hate to burst your bubble, but that's the way it works with all my credit cards that have a promotional rate.  Some of them I can choose to apply to the promotional rate along with the regular monthly payment.  On some the payment goes to the regular monthly payment and the promotional rate gets paid last.  Read the fine print.

I agree.

It is NOT a Q thing.  It is NOT a Synchrony Bank thing.

It is like that with all promos on ALL my cards as well.

If I am going to use the promo, it is up to ME to specify. 

I am the Q of EZ pay.  I have used it on everything since it was offered.

I don't find it the least confusing at all!

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Scooby Doo wrote:

Hate to burst your bubble, but that's the way it works with all my credit cards that have a promotional rate.  Some of them I can choose to apply to the promotional rate along with the regular monthly payment.  On some the payment goes to the regular monthly payment and the promotional rate gets paid last.  Read the fine print.

I agree.

It is NOT a Q thing.  It is NOT a Synchrony Bank thing.

It is like that with all promos on ALL my cards as well.

If I am going to use the promo, it is up to ME to specify. 

I am the Q of EZ pay.  I have used it on everything since it was offered.

I don't find it the least confusing at all!

@RespectLife  EZ pay and and the "Q card special financing" are two different things, and that's the first thing CS will tell you when you call.

First, with EZ pay, only your "1 of 6"  (or whatever) payment is on your statement.  With the other, the entire amount of the order is there.  It's up to you to figure out how much you need to pay to have it paid off within the 9 months to avoid interest.

I can DO math.  I just don't like it.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda 

Oh I know that...I just don't find it to be a bother.  I prefer to stretch my payments anyway I can.

In all my years of shopping, I have never paid one penny of interest  by missing a deadline etc.

I have used 72 payments, 60 etc to buy furniture.  I am very careful not to miss the deadline and make my payments enough so that I am paid off one month ahead.

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@esmerelda 

Oh I know that...I just don't find it to be a bother.  I prefer to stretch my payments anyway I can.

In all my years of shopping, I have never paid one penny of interest  by missing a deadline etc.

I have used 72 payments, 60 etc to buy furniture.  I am very careful not to miss the deadline and make my payments enough so that I am paid off one month ahead.

@RespectLife  I've done the same.  But they have been payments for one item alone without worrying about what part of the bill is this and what is that.  So that's what I've done...moved payment for everything but the deferred payment item to another card.

Keepin' it real.