Respected Contributor

I received an email from you because my credit card is expiring next month.  My credit card company is well aware of this.  YOU will have your money, no payments will be missed even BEFORE the new one is in my hand.

THAT is a promise. 

I am NOT......a piker

I  do  NOT.... take what does not belong to me

Your customer service dept. is ram shackle and I know this place is watched so I'm letting you know.  I'll be calling later anyway.  After all these years, do you think I'd burn you?  Well no, I would not.  I'll be calling later.....smh....

Respected Contributor

Re: Dear QVC...

[ Edited ]

Maybe it was simply to make you aware, as  a reminder to update your card info when you get your new card with new expiration date. 

Im not understanding the anger.

Honored Contributor

@77yangya   IMO it was very efficient of QVC to remind you of the card's expiring.  I would be happy to receive such reminders.

Valued Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

I received an email from you because my credit card is expiring next month.  My credit card company is well aware of this.  YOU will have your money, no payments will be missed even BEFORE the new one is in my hand.

THAT is a promise. 

I am NOT......a piker

I  do  NOT.... take what does not belong to me

Your customer service dept. is ram shackle and I know this place is watched so I'm letting you know.  I'll be calling later anyway.  After all these years, do you think I'd burn you?  Well no, I would not.  I'll be calling later.....smh....

Get a grip!!! Don't know why you are so upset! It is probably just a reminder. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dear QVC...

[ Edited ]

@77yangya   Why take that as a negative??  It's a courtesy/reminder to change the expires date when new card comes!  I like that they do this.  Such a protest about this is not necessary!

Honored Contributor

Why so touchy? It sounds like a courtesy reminder to me. Relax.

Respected Contributor

When my card expired a few years back, I thought it would immediately be set to take the new expiration date. I don't know why I thought this, I just did. It didn't and I finally got an email from QVC that my card needed to be updated, the easy pay payments for a couple months had not been honored. I only realized this when I looked at my account after noticing the charges weren't on my monthly statements. I felt really dishonest and would've welcomed an earlier notice that I needed to update my card.

Trusted Contributor

@77yangya @Good grief,  A LOT of online vendors do this if you have a credit card on their website.  It is not a reflection of your ability to pay or default on payment.  It is a computer program that flags expiration dates.  Nothing more nothing less.  Just like banks send out new cards right before yours expire.  Just like it prompts dates of upcoming "easy payments".  They are not monitoring your payment "ability" or looking for your money this is a auto response their system has to card dates on file with them.  I've received them from lots of places just to remind me of a card that will be expiring.  They are not accusing you of not paying your debt.  Many people have multiple cards on multiple sites.  Easy sometimes to forget which site may have the expiring card.  With all due respect please don't make accusations that are patently false.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@77yangya    I agree with QVC -  you gave them the expiration date when you set up automatic charges and they will need the new expiration date FROM YOU when you get the new card.

That notice was not personal to you.  I get email notices from any number of companies I pay automatically and never thought to be insulted.

Valued Contributor

The message was most likely sent based on an algorithm and no human involvement.