Esteemed Contributor

Re: DeLonghi 4-in-1 12,500 BTU Air Conditioner

@ChazKris wrote:

I bought one of these 06.09.2021 because of being fairly happy with last one I bought from QVC.  However, over past two to three months our unit has been making (wife's words) "noticeable wurring sounds" while running A/C mode and a "banging noise" when shutting off. The "wurring sounds" I thought were from a dirty filter which I clean every month anyway (no change of noise). The banging noise I noticed when unit stops cooling and goes to (what I call) "cool-down mode" of the compressor. I suspect the noise actually is caused by the shaking of compressor (violently) as if it either is leaking freon or never was completely filled.

What should we do? Already have to replace it or buy another? We now need it for the cold weather here and upcoming winter. She is nervouse running A/C now when needed and only uses Fan mode.This will be first winter usage and, so far, no problems.

-= Chaz & Kris =-

Why not call the manufacturer?  It's likely still under warranty if you have had it less than a year.  I must say, good for you if you can afford to throw one away and just buy another one though @ChazKris 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset 

@ChazKris  already called the manufacturer.. it's in a portion of the comments in this thread. (see message #4)

He got the run-around, wanted him to "troubleshoot, etc.

I don't know what the outcome was but I assume he bought another😠☹️as he has very ill wife who needs the system.

These darn warranties are "useless"...

Esteemed Contributor

I only read the first post.  These extended warranties are sometimes not worth their cost.  Good luck to all @homedecor1 .

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

I only read the first post.  These extended warranties are sometimes not worth their cost.  Good luck to all @homedecor1 .

@gertrudecloset 

not trying to be "rude" to you but I've and many do the same...read only 1st or maybe a few then post a comment when buried deep in the thread is the reply/update  from OP😉...Now, I skim all before I post ...

have a good nite!🙂

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

not trying to be "rude" to you but I've and many do the same...read only 1st or maybe a few then post a comment when buried deep in the thread is the reply/update  from OP😉...Now, I skim all before I post ...

have a good nite!🙂

@homedecor1 , I can't argue with that logic!!!!  LOL.  Thank you....Woman Happy