Occasional Contributor

DeLonghi 4-in-1 12,500 BTU Air Conditioner

I bought one of these 06.09.2021 because of being fairly happy with last one I bought from QVC.  However, over past two to three months our unit has been making (wife's words) "noticeable wurring sounds" while running A/C mode and a "banging noise" when shutting off. The "wurring sounds" I thought were from a dirty filter which I clean every month anyway (no change of noise). The banging noise I noticed when unit stops cooling and goes to (what I call) "cool-down mode" of the compressor. I suspect the noise actually is caused by the shaking of compressor (violently) as if it either is leaking freon or never was completely filled.

What should we do? Already have to replace it or buy another? We now need it for the cold weather here and upcoming winter. She is nervouse running A/C now when needed and only uses Fan mode.This will be first winter usage and, so far, no problems.

-= Chaz & Kris =-

Honored Contributor

Re: DeLonghi 4-in-1 12,500 BTU Air Conditioner

I'd expect at least a one year warranty.  Call the company and request a replacement.

I purchased a Delonghi from QVC.  It stopped working at 28 days, so I was able to return it, but your 30 days are long past.    

QVC Customer Care

Hi @ChazKris I am so sorry you are having difficulty with the air conditioner. It has a 2 year limited manufactures warranty. Please contact the company for help with the warranty. 

Occasional Contributor

You said, "Please contact the company for help with the warranty", but I am not sure which "company" you are referring to. Is it QVC or DeLonghi. If it is the latter, is the number in their paperwork included with the unit a good number to call?

Thanks for the reply and help.

-= Chaz and Kris =-

Occasional Contributor

I still have not got reply to my last question of who to call.

Since my last posting, now the heat mode is not working properly. Firts off, it only gets mildly warm - no matter weather I set temp to 70 or 76 deg F. And while in heat mode,  runs HEAT for only about two or three minutes at best before it quits heating. Then it takes another 5 minutes or more before it starts heating again. It does this every day.

My wife is disabled and NEEDS this unit (a properly working one). Her MS can NOT handle the cold (it makes me somewhat disfunctional too - old age kicking my rear). If it were nor for the fact it "moderately" heats the room, and I could find a large enough box to pack it, I would send it back to QVC! Every other DeLonghi in the past we purchased did its job and made us happy they lasted several years. Maybe this one was a "fluke" that got past QC at the factory???

Occasional Contributor

/ UPDATE /

I just got done with DeLonghi in CHAT mode. They said I need to call some 800# in LIVE mode for "troubleshooting" routines to try. I thought the details I already provided WAS results of "troubleshooting"???  Anyway, I will update what happens afterwards. It would be so much quicker to just have a replacement sent to us and then we would also have a return box (if QVC wanted the "defect" back!

Respected Contributor

@ChazKris wrote:

/ UPDATE /

I just got done with DeLonghi in CHAT mode. They said I need to call some 800# in LIVE mode for "troubleshooting" routines to try. I thought the details I already provided WAS results of "troubleshooting"???  Anyway, I will update what happens afterwards. It would be so much quicker to just have a replacement sent to us and then we would also have a return box (if QVC wanted the "defect" back!

QVC is just the middleman & only let's you return the item to them for 30 days...that period has passed so you will only deal with DeLonghi now for a repair or a return under their 2yr warranty. Good Luck @ChazKris.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply and information.

I have not yet been able to schedule time to contact their Tech Support do to overtime needs at work. When I am able to do so, I will share results to everyone here.

Hope everyone is well and has great day!

Occasional Contributor

UPDATE: DeLonghi 4-in-1 12,500 BTU Air Conditioner

Well, I did contact the DeLonghi support and got a "list" of things they wanted me to do - texts, documentation, make videos - after I had already told them exact date and where it was purchased, detailed description of what it was/was not doing (my diagnosis and a certifide tech's diagnosis), but they still insisted on making it sound like that the unit was okay (something in the way I was using it and/or maintaining it).

As I mentioned before, and repeated again, my wife is disabled. Between my dedicated medical assistance to her and my workload at my job, I do NOT have that kind of time to quickly go through the items on their list (especially creating audio/video recordings)! I managed to get things emailed as quick and complete as possible, but never could get time to do the recordings.

So, in thorugh disgust with DeLonghi, I decided after years of loyalty to purchasing their product - from QVC and others - it is no longer a good product or manufacturer.

During all this time hoping for a replacement, my wife's health got worse for lack of efficient heat and purification from this unit over the wasted time spent with DeLonghi. So, I spent another $150.00 for R410 freon and parts to repair the last DeLonghi unit that this useless one was supposed to replace.

It sure felt like DeLonghi was just stalling for time so that my warranty would run out. Well, they succeeded! The money I wasted on this new unit could have been used for a down payment on another car or even towrds my house payment.

In the past I have had great luck with DeLonghi appliances (can't really say for their Support team), but now would NOT recommend their products based on their Wannty and Support!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChazKris 

Sams Club sold same unit $45 less in case you need replacement).

Good Luck