Esteemed Contributor

@Tori3569 wrote:

Not as easy to fix as you might think.  Servers can only handle so much traffic at a time, even gigantic ones.  Add to that, those who are ordering via the app, calling in and the reps themselves on the site and things are bound to get slower and off kilter sometimes. 

@Tori3569   you are so right. No one knows what could happen until it does.  How about when you go to the Store and can't pay for your items because the Servers are down? Nobody thinks about that. You either wait or leave.

Respected Contributor

OP here. Yesterday's fiasco just hit me wrong and left a bad taste for some reason. I ended up making a point of not ordering anything at all. I was a bit excited when I got up and realized there was free shipping as I had not expected it. And even though later in the day it was possible to order again online, the enthusiasm to shop was just gone. And let's face it, that is part of the reason people do buy and retailers depend on it...happy impulse purchases, so to speak. But the ongoing problems with Q's website and the never ending free shipping day "glitches" is getting old. Yesterday it felt like I was working a stressful job just trying to get an order in. I got fed up. And the desire to purchase from QVC? I got over it.