Super Contributor

Ordered for a gift, arrived yesterday.

USPS delivered (UPS had it 2nd, probably sat in a warehouse for a day or two, and I assume it originated on a container from China.  

So I have no box in which to present it (sold out so cannot get another), and the cute Valerie gift tag inside was torn which gave product description and note from Valerie.  The box was marked fragile on top but no one read it apparently.   This occurs constantly with Valerie items....why?

QVCbunny.jpgQVC - Valerie RABBIT lantern.jpg

Super Contributor

Re: Damaged shipping boxes !

I get boxes that look exactly like yours, though I never order Valerie items....or very rarely.   While shippers seem extra hard on packages today,  I think it is a result of not being packaged properly.    Not enough stuffing weakens the cardboard walls when weight is placed on top of it and a lot of the tape appears as tho it was never moistened enough to stick so it starts separating from packages.   I often wonder how in the world my stuff stayed in the box at all!   And I triple check to make sure none of the items did fall out.  

Honored Contributor

@MarcyG72   You saw the box and packing material so you're in a better position to judge than we are.  Why do you think?  They do come from a long way and are handled by many people. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Damage to cardboard happens so tape the rip together, gift wrap or cover the taped rip with a big bow. The item didn't arrive broken so that's a good thing. Be well @MarcyG72.

Honored Contributor

It's an ugly shipping box even if not damaged.  I'd put it in a nice gift bag and be happy it arrived in one piece.

My camera catches USPS, UPS, Fed Ex and Door Dash people just chucking stuff onto my concrete front porch.

Valued Contributor

I received a QVC saw with blades sticking out of the box.  Luckily I saw them before grabbing the bos.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I wonder if those boxes (and packages) could talk the stories they'd tell about "the abuse" they get along the way to our homes!!!

Luckily, the item was not broken and a pretty gift bag w/paper would be nicer than a box anyway🛍🛍

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't blame QVC for that.  I always get my stuff in boxes that are sturdy and wrapped in bubble wrap.  I blame the shippers and handlers.  They slam boxes around.  I guess it just goes with the territory.

I'm sorry about that though.  Are the items inside intact?  If not, the Q will replace them.  Yeah, that's a bummer.

Respected Contributor

OH, USPS had a hand too. 

I pay ten bucks extra and I get my stuff UPS all the way in two days.  To me, it's worth the extra dough and the Q just adds it to the easy pay.  Hey, it's only money.  Money can be replaced, some things cannot.

I always choose my shipping method at check out.  

Super Contributor

@77yangya 

The product was not damaged...made of resin (and the lantern is metal). Oddly, there was little styrofoam lining the box and the rabbit was completely exposed.  I thought the original shipping charge was bad enough, but to add additional for UPS only is wise as you said.  

The reason I brought this issue up is a multitude of Valerie's customers complain of "poor packaging of her products, and arrive damaged.  In my 25 yrs. of Q shopping, I never saw anything like this!