Contributor

This is the disgraceful way that QVC treats their longtime customers:

Last weekend I received an email confirmation for a laptop that I did NOT order shipped to my name at a different and unfamiliar address, obviously someone trying to fraudulently use my account.

I cancelled the order and called customer service, who found a second laptop that I also did not order and cancelled that order as well.  The rep told me they would start a fraud proceeding and I would be notified of the process. This never happened - the next day a QVC rep called me and said that I should call Synchrony to close my QCard account and open a new one.

After closing my QCard account, I was told by Synchrony that I had to "apply" for a new card. I did that - and found out a few days later when I called to inquire why I had not heard anything - that my application was denied!

I have NEVER been denied a credit card in my life. The rep said it was because I had applied for the new card on the same day as I closed my account - WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THE QVC REP TOLD ME TO DO.

Synchrony said QVC SHOULD have reported my card lost/stolen and opened a new one for me, so I should call QVC to see what could be done.

I then called QVC and was told that someone from corporate would call within 3 days. It's been 5 days since I made that call and I have heard from NO ONE.

I have been a good customer for 25 years, and I am being penalized for something that is NOT even slightly my fault. 

I am FINISHED with QVC. There has been ZERO effort from them to show me that they care about my business, my time, or my inconvenience. They have botched this situation from start to finish. If you continue to shop with QVC, be aware that this is the utter lack of concern that they show their customers.

Honored Contributor

@girly-girl17said:

"Synchrony said QVC SHOULD have reported my card lost/stolen and opened a new one for me, so I should call QVC to see what could be done."

How could QVC open a new account for you with Synchrony Bank?

Answer: they can't.

Synchrony Bank issues the Q card, so all Q card accounts (including opening and closing Q card accounts) is up to Synchrony Bank.

They are just passing the buck here, IMO.

BTW, google Synchrony Bank reviews and see for yourself what comes up.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I believe it's up to the cardholder (of ANY credit card) to contact the credit card company and report everything and cancel the card.  However, you shouldn't have had to reapply, that's odd.  They should have just issued another card right away.

As to Q not returning a call, not sure what to say about that.  It is a busy holiday season.  Contact them again, or send an email, do a live Chat.  Q has great customer service so I would give them another chance.

In the end, their credit card interest is pretty high.  So unless you're in for an extra monthly easy pay, I would use a card with less interest charged.

Honored Contributor

@girly-girl17.  Send a description of your problem along with account numbers to QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

QVC now offers Paypal, which is a great way to go.  No interest unless you do not pay the recommended amount each month.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Re: DONE with QVC

[ Edited ]

Generally when someone is using your card you call the card company to notify them so they can close the account plus issue a new credit card.

That's how it has worked with me several times.

I have never had any issues with Synchrony.

I have a Q card but I pay my balance in full. I'm not paying crazy interest.

I would say Synchrony dropped the ball on this one if someone was able to charge 2 computers without a phone call from them asking if it was you.

QVC customer service probably should have also caught it. I would have since the computers were shipping some place other then your address.

My credit union would have been on the phone calling me asking me that very question.

Honored Contributor

On learning of the fraud, Synchrony should have cancelled the existing card and issued you a new one.  You shouldn't have needed to reapply. 

No idea who's at fault - QVC or Synchrony - but it seems the QVC rep should have just referred you to Synchrony and allowed them to take it from there.

QVC Customer Care

@girly-girl17 wrote:

This is the disgraceful way that QVC treats their longtime customers:

Last weekend I received an email confirmation for a laptop that I did NOT order shipped to my name at a different and unfamiliar address, obviously someone trying to fraudulently use my account.

I cancelled the order and called customer service, who found a second laptop that I also did not order and cancelled that order as well.  The rep told me they would start a fraud proceeding and I would be notified of the process. This never happened - the next day a QVC rep called me and said that I should call Synchrony to close my QCard account and open a new one.

After closing my QCard account, I was told by Synchrony that I had to "apply" for a new card. I did that - and found out a few days later when I called to inquire why I had not heard anything - that my application was denied!

I have NEVER been denied a credit card in my life. The rep said it was because I had applied for the new card on the same day as I closed my account - WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THE QVC REP TOLD ME TO DO.

Synchrony said QVC SHOULD have reported my card lost/stolen and opened a new one for me, so I should call QVC to see what could be done.

I then called QVC and was told that someone from corporate would call within 3 days. It's been 5 days since I made that call and I have heard from NO ONE.

I have been a good customer for 25 years, and I am being penalized for something that is NOT even slightly my fault. 

I am FINISHED with QVC. There has been ZERO effort from them to show me that they care about my business, my time, or my inconvenience. They have botched this situation from start to finish. If you continue to shop with QVC, be aware that this is the utter lack of concern that they show their customers.

Hi @girly-girl17 I'm sorry to hear that your Qard has been compromised. I apologize for the poor customer service that you have experienced both with us and Synchrony Bank. Our procedure here at QVC is a transfer directly to the QCard Priority Line at Synchrony Bank, we do not have access to the account on our computer systems here. Please handle all the QCard inquiries at 800.600.1608 press #2 for QCard servicing. I am very sorry that we can not be of additional help here at QVC. ~Kim

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @girly-girl17, QVC gave you bad advice, to close the account.  You should have called the credit card company and reported the fraudulent purchases, and then they should have given you a new card.  I believe other posters said that.  Policies can be stubborn things, and the credit card company might not do right by you.  That is why I don't use store credit cards, they are terrible...

Respected Contributor

Someone in the QVC corporate office should be able to intervene for you.  It might be worth a try to contact them directly,