Respected Contributor

Re: Customer service tells me to “significantly reduce my returns”

Unless I'm mistaken, if an individual purchased 82 items then returned 59% that would mean 34 items were kept and 48 items were returned.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee : QC means Quality Control not QVC. As I have said QVC cannot check every each.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@Foxxee : QC means Quality Control not QVC. As I have said QVC cannot check every each.

@Group 5 minus 1 

"QC means Quality Control not QVC."

You think I don't know that?  Really?

"As I have said QVC cannot check every each."

I said that very same thing.  They spot check.

However, as part of their own quality control, QVC could insist manufacturers meet higher standards  or not buy from them anymore.  That is what I mean when I say QVC needs to improve THEIR OWN quality control.  

Quality control includes much more than just product quality.  It's quality of employees, policies, etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think 59%return rate makes me wonder why you would continue purchasing. Also, I have to say many stated to look at garment measurements and it should fit. Many times I look at these measurements and then observe the models. IMHO, they don't match. 

Yesterday's SG pants were deceptive. Some models looked like their regular size was not fitted properly and the petite model wearing her usual size looked like the pants were too big. So, if the information is not accurate and the hosts are too consumed with ridiculous stories, what is the purpose???

It is sad that their policies don't match what the customers are being told. It is profit over accuracy. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You kept about 48 items. It's nothing personal. Returns are very costly to the company.

There's way more that QVC could do to prevent so many returns  though. They could actually photograph the clothes with the camera closer. They could stop showing items on air using a computer's screen picture. They should show closeups of each garment's fabric. They should turn garments inside out if it shows something that would be of help for shoppers in making decisions. They should add some type of hip measurement for tops in the Click Here measurements. Right now they only have the bottom opening listed. If they want less returns they need to let use closely view what we are buying. They should stop covering up tops with jackets and scarves so we can see what they look like. They should pull up the bottom of tops on the models so we can see the waists and rear view of pants. They should include full ingredients and nutrition lists for all food and full ingredients for ALL beauty. 

They should allow customers one full hour to change their minds and cancel after making their purchases. 

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I'm always amazed at the number of "new posters" who have dramatic bad experiences with QVC and all of a sudden after "years" of "shopping" suddenly post and vow to end their relationship.

As the Doors said:

"People are Strange."

@on the bay 

Thank you.  I was still trying to figure out the 'new math' 

the poster used.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

Excellent point!

"ORDER MULTIPLES"  "PEOPLE ARE ORDERING MULTIPLES"

"ORDER ONE IN EVERY COLOR"

" YOU BETTER NOT WAIT BECAUSE WE MAY NOT HAVE YOUR COLOR OR SIZE"

"SOME PEOPLE ARE ORDERING 2 SIZES TO SEE WHAT TO DO!  YOU CAN RETURN THE ITEM WITHIN 30 DAYS.... AND EXCHANGE IF WE STILL HAVE YOUR COLOR AND SIZE".

"IF YOU ARE BETWEEN SIZES, YOU MAY WANT TO ORDER BOTH AND RETURN OR GIVE IT TO A FRIEND".

And,,,, another layer

How many times is a color wrong on the screen/incorrectly described by host/vendor

OR - as the host/vendor has said - it does NOT match the other items you may already own when you think you are buying an additional set.

OR - incorrect description of item and you make a wrong guess.... WHAT COLOR OR TEXTURE IS  "YUMMY?"

OR - customer service gives you the wrong information

OR - it is obvious that your personal care appliance has already been used....

OR... the infamous "where did this chemical smell come from".... too often

tThere is more to be considered on this.

Honored Contributor

82 in 1 year. 😳

Esteemed Contributor

I think that everywhere you purchase stuff has a limit on returns......

Honored Contributor

That's one pkg a day received on average.  You must spend a lot of time packing stuff up.  Do you realize you have spent $420.00 returning this stuff?