Honored Contributor

Re: Customer service tells me to “significantly reduce my returns”

I think you are right in thinking they are really doing you a favor. It's not profiting them and it's not profiting you. I don't say this to be snarky....but it is just not working for you and it's a waste of your money...not to mention the headache of having to send things back.  In a way...it may be a wake-up call that you could do better elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

I got that letter once.  They were right, I was returning too much. It's costly to return often.  You don't need to stop shopping at Q, just shop more carefully.  

Valued Contributor

@Marvsmom wrote:

I got a letter from customer service today; it says; that I have been asked in 2020 to reduce my rate of returns. "More recently between 4/01/21 and 3/31/22 I have a 59% rate of returns of a total purchase of 82 items. And, if I don't greatly reduce my return rate, they will "have no choice but to close my QVC customer account and "terminate our business relationship" with me. 
QVC is breaking up with me!  No thanks for paying for all the 61% of the items I bought! Well I'll tell you how I'm gonna fix that. Bye bye QVC. Oh and keep telling everyone on air that "don't worry if it doesn't fit- you can return it within 30 days!" 

You know, they're really doing me a favor- ask my husband.

Marvsmom

@Marvsmom Your math is not correct... 

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I'm always amazed at the number of "new posters" who have dramatic bad experiences with QVC and all of a sudden after "years" of "shopping" suddenly post and vow to end their relationship.

As the Doors said:

"People are Strange."

What in the world does it matter if someone has posted on this forum before or not? Most people dont know this place exists, dont want to bother signing up to post if they do, or discover it trying to find the complaint department. No suspicious activity to be so amazed by.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee : Do you understand how QC works? Q cannot check every item,only a small number. I think they use the military standard for Qc.

You are correct about returns,but I wonder if you return so much why you keep buyin?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I would never shop at a place where I had to return more than I kept.  Aside from all the return fees, etc., just the mere hassle of packing things up, etc.  Sounds like QVC is not the best place for you to shop.

Respected Contributor

I'll never understand these posts. It just seems so obvious...at least it should be. Although not your strong suit, do the math. This is a losing proposition for both QVC and YOU!

Honored Contributor

Someone here made me think about the purchases I make at qvc vs amazon. Let's take this a step further and note hsn & shophq too.

I buy a lot of different things from amazon, not only clothing but all sorts of items. From qvc of course it is mostly clothing items as is from hsn. I've picked up a few things from shophq but their clothing brands are terrible. It's the cheapest of the cheap forms  that never ever fits right, period. I've tried VERY few items from them and do not bother anymore because I KNOW the stuff is very cheaply made therefore will not, does not fit. I order nothing there excpet for Isomers.

I buy clothing however from amazon, target, kohls on occasion, even walmart in years past. All stores offer tons of clothing, different brand names, styles, fabrics used for all seasons too. Most brick & mortar sells a lot of other types of goods as well, more on the order of amazon vs qvc.

When I think about my returns, it makes me wonder why qvc goods ie clothes goes back vs ANYWHERE else. Clothing from qvc is not at all consistant with their sizing which a HUGE issue here with so many consumers. Personally, it is rare I mean REALLY rare to have the need to return to the other stores I shop online at.  

So when I think about returns to qvc, it matters not the brand name, it seems to be all about inconsistant sizing among the brands EVEN within the same brands. QVC creates their own problems with their consumers and most times it is all about their inconsistancies within the brands they sell and the vendors who brings their goods here and then they have the audacity to send out "The Letter".  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

I'm always amazed at the number of "new posters" who have dramatic bad experiences with QVC and all of a sudden after "years" of "shopping" suddenly post and vow to end their relationship.

As the Doors said:

"People are Strange."

What in the world does it matter if someone has posted on this forum before or not? Most people dont know this place exists, dont want to bother signing up to post if they do, or discover it trying to find the complaint department. No suspicious activity to be so amazed by.

@LizzieInSRQ,

Maybe you are right but I'm still amazed because even if not really just signing up for the first time after years, why would anyone @Marvsmom buy 82! things keep buying and returning things that don't work. That too is amazing to me.

But I get that you don't agree. And I'm sure there are some who will feel the same as you and the same as me.

and @Marvsmom,whether you are a new poster or not, and I apologize if you are, I think sometimes we may order a lot of things to fulfill a need whether that is to comfort or loneliness or whatever.To make ourselves feel better. I bet many have experienced this. But if the frustration of buying and returning over and over becomes a constant chore, it just becomes something that does not fulfill at all what we are trying to fill or soothe or make ourselves feel better.

Anyway, I hope you can now feel good about your decision and I agree that QVC really misleads customers in thinking they are welcome to try and return with never any problems or no matter how many times. This is not that type of business like some of the try on places that actually encourage you to try or even rent for a month and return.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I cant imagine  all the work packing up, taping ,filling out return slips or having to locate them for that much stuff then taking or arranging the return  shipping!!  Then $6.95 a time for returns or what ever it is?  I rarely return other for reasons of sent incorrect size, color, wrong item or defective/damaged. Five times a year at most for Company mistakes.  A few times I kept cosmetics I didn't like that didn't pay to return for the cost. Maybe I am easy to please? It amazes me to see yet another... "I got THE letter!" Returns cost many parties.

I stay away from numeric sizing as more difficult to gauge fit. I am lucky to run on the small side of a Large with Qs 14/16  knowing a 12/14 large is iffy. I check size charts if a different sizing or company.  I know Sketchers are also inconsistant for me. Avoid them. I am lucky to not normally have shoe issues. I know I have a bit of a high instep so avoid styles that may not work.

I no longer have UPS store as they closed.  USPS lines is it. I live in a small town and have to travel an hour or more to B&M stores so other than Wal-Mart not many options. I shop on line alot.