Honored Contributor

Re: Customer service tells me to “significantly reduce my returns”

It sounds like you may use shopping as an emotional crutch for something that is missing in your life. This is a good wake-up call or second as far as qvc is concerned.  

Trusted Contributor

@Marvsmom  You were busted dear, get over it.

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

I'm always amazed at the number of "new posters" who have dramatic bad experiences with QVC and all of a sudden after "years" of "shopping" suddenly post and vow to end their relationship.

As the Doors said:

"People are Strange."

What in the world does it matter if someone has posted on this forum before or not? Most people dont know this place exists, dont want to bother signing up to post if they do, or discover it trying to find the complaint department. No suspicious activity to be so amazed by.

@on the bay, I know EXACTLY what you're saying and I totally agree with you. Although I DO NOT at all believe it is the case here with this OP, there are "folks" who come here weekly with first posts simply to trash QVC. You know they're not legit because they never make even one reply to the post and you never hear a peep out of them ever again. They're not here to engage in a discussion, or to try and learn and get help, or even defend their position. Plain and simple, they're trolls! Their posts are a one and done flyby with the sole purpose of trying to harm QVC and cause trouble here. Seen it way too many times. It's sooooo very obvious.....to those who will see. 

I don't understand this at all. If I'm unhappy with something and a first time Poster, I will say what I wan't to say and leave. It's just to get it off my chest. And if i decide to read what everyone said, it doesn't mean that I have to respond. That does not make me a TROLL.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

It sounds like you may use shopping as an emotional crutch for something that is missing in your life. This is a good wake-up call or second as far as qvc is concerned.  

@GenXmuse 

ITA ... when I first read the OP the first thing that came to mind is this woman has a serious spending problem.  Oh well.  This sounds like a blessing in disguise.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't read all the comments @Marvsmom , but don't you agree you have an excessive return rate? I think it's a good idea for you to say goodbye to shopping with QVC. There has to be a better retailer for you. Perhaps you need to shop in person.

Honored Contributor

@Marvsmom true you can return, but it's you are responsible for the AMOUNT you return.  There is such a thing as abuse of the return policy.

Esteemed Contributor

82 items in a year's time is a lot of stuff.  A lot.  So you returned 59% of 82 items that means you kept only about 48 (est) of the total of 82 items you ordered.  That's on average two orders per month.

Have you been ordering more than one size to ensure you get the right size and then returning the one that doesn't fit the best?  I know I've read that some people do this.  Could this be the reason for their wanting to break up with you?  Even if you kept all of the 82 items that is a lot of ordering in on year's time.  52 weeks in a year and you were likely ordering 2-3 per week.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

I wish customer service would send me a letter telling me to stop purchasing. 😁

Respected Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

I wish customer service would send me a letter telling me to stop purchasing. 😁

Haha 😂 yes I need one too

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@Marvsmom 

sometimes I think they're doing us a favor with the letter!

When I think about the wasted $$$$ in shipping & return fees it aggravates me.

I am currently returning 2 pairs of TSV shoes which IMO are "defective".  The shoe itself fits (footbed) but back strap can't be adjusted and flops down when walking.  I marked them as so...

reality cost $11 to try on and $14 to return total wasted $25 if they don't accept as defective.

I'm trying to buy locally vs shopping Q or HSN (which now has same policies for returns).

So think of it the letter can save you disappointment and $$$.