Frequent Contributor

Re: Customer service tells me to “significantly reduce my returns”

I have been buying from QVC for years, mostly fashion. I must say their quality has gone down as prices have gone up. Most of all hosts spend time telling us unimportant information and not important info like measurements, length and such. Often pass on an item because of this.

Respected Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

I'm always amazed at the number of "new posters" who have dramatic bad experiences with QVC and all of a sudden after "years" of "shopping" suddenly post and vow to end their relationship.

As the Doors said:

"People are Strange."

What in the world does it matter if someone has posted on this forum before or not? Most people dont know this place exists, dont want to bother signing up to post if they do, or discover it trying to find the complaint department. No suspicious activity to be so amazed by.

@on the bay, I know EXACTLY what you're saying and I totally agree with you. Although I DO NOT at all believe it is the case here with this OP, there are "folks" who come here weekly with first posts simply to trash QVC. You know they're not legit because they never make even one reply to the post and you never hear a peep out of them ever again. They're not here to engage in a discussion, or to try and learn and get help, or even defend their position. Plain and simple, they're trolls! Their posts are a one and done flyby with the sole purpose of trying to harm QVC and cause trouble here. Seen it way too many times. It's sooooo very obvious.....to those who will see.         

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pupwhipped,

Thank you. It might be nice to give people the benefit of the doubt but yes, it is 

annoying when there are so many posts like you describe.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Marvsmom  You have a very high rate of returns!  I think buying and returning  constantly is an addiction just like any addiction. Those addicted to returning  a lot of purchases may not see it.... I had a friend who also returned a lot of purchases....she was addicted to shopping...felt guilty...and returned A LOT. 

You should curtail your online purchases..... Think about all the money spent returning all those purchases!  Put that money SAVED  towards  fun rewards...a trip, or nice dinner out...

Honored Contributor

They should divorce you.  You are terrible customer and they are losing money on you.  It's obvious that you are either a in impulse buyer who doesn't intend to keep most of your purchases or you don't know how to shop with shopping channels.  The "return policy" was never meant to be taken as "rental" or window shopping.  Your percentage of returns is extraordinarily high.  This way of shopping just is not for everyone and that's ok.  Some people need to see/feel/try on/think about their purchases.  Some people need the brick&mortar shopping experience.  

Respected Contributor

Interesting that we have not heard back from the original poster. 
My return rate with Q is far less than what I buy and keep. That said, I am often an impulse buyer. If I get too caught up in the excitement over a TSV here on the forums or watching a presentation, I'm likely to purchase. For me this tends to be fashion and handbags mainly. I am trying to curb that tendency because I'm spending too much money on clothes and accessories that I don't have enough life years left to wear. Lol. And as we have all noticed, once you pull the trigger on a purchase it goes into processing immediately. So no canceling. That has been a problem for me especially when I impulsively bought something but come back to reality an hour later. Too late! Also the cost of returns! And as the Q transitions from peel and stick labels to print your own, it's less convenient. Then of course the repackaging. So as of now, I'm trying to be more mindful and less impulsive.

But Amazon--that's another issue. They have made it so easy, so effortless to return things. No packing needed. I take the item to my UPS store a few blocks away. They scan the return code on my phone, I hand over the item. Done. Definitely have to get a grip on my Prime purchasing habits. My small city is one of the hubs for Amazon- their cargo jets fly low over my house twice a day, coming in for landing. I want to have a sign painted on my roof: "Suzy's Prime drop off here". Haha

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarvsmomIn the past year you have purchased 82 items and returned more than half of them?! I think QVC is doing you a long overdue favor. You have spent hundreds of dollars to return unwanted items .For clothing, it's the same as spending $7.00 to try an item on. What?! 

Don't blame the Q. Your shopping habit here is clearly out of control.Do not get pulled into buying by listening to the host sales pitches. Put the phone down. Check reviews on line first. No reviews? No order.

Honored Contributor

I feel very differently about returns now.  I have returned a lot.  But QVC should take this to heart:  Quit shipping me pants that are too long, dresses made out of "gauze" you can see right through, and junk made of sub par materials.

You can't send people stuff like this and expect them to keep it.  Even NOT sending a label won't keep them from shipping it right back to you.  You ship things so late we don't need them, won't let us cancel. . . 

And you expect no returns?  You're gonna get no customers.

Super Contributor

I think the USPS, UPS, or FEDEX is singing "We're in the money" with these types of customers. My gosh--I would cry over the return shipping costs alone!

Respected Contributor

@luvsshopping wrote:

I have been buying from QVC for years, mostly fashion. I must say their quality has gone down as prices have gone up. Most of all hosts spend time telling us unimportant information and not important info like measurements, length and such. Often pass on an item because of this.

All of that info is available online on the product description page. Also the specific garment measurements are there. Curious as to why you aren't accessing this information?

Harmonize the World