Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

What gives with QVC's customer service these days? I sent back two gold bracelets recently--well before the 30-day deadline--because they caused welts on my skin. I wasn't able to find all the paperwork but enough to prove I'd jumped through all the right hoops.

A couple of weeks later QVC sent a CHECKLIST to me, as to the reason they were denying my request for a credit; they checked off the reason as because they couldn't find any evidence that I'd purchased the bracelets.

In about 5 minutes I found all the proof QVC needed. I made copies of everything (that's why I save all my paperwwork) and wrote a rather snarky note which I enclosed with the bracelets, asking for a full refund PLUS credit for the shipping charges AND for what it cost to insure the bracelets (worth about $400), as well as sending it return receipt requsted (i.e., they have to sign for it).

I wonder if they'll credit my card, including the shipping charges? I'll let you know if they send me another check list.

What I'd really like to know is, if I could find all the information in less than 15 minutes, why couldn't QVC?

Trusted Contributor

If by “all the paperwork” you mean the packing slip & return label, you know that you can print out a copy very easily, & use for a return.  This obviously does not explain why Q couldn’t find it.

Respected Contributor

It is not up to QVC to look up the information they need for your return. You should have included with your return. It would take a long time for QVC to look up the info for every return. Also why should they return your shipping as the item was not defective you just have sensitive skin.

Honored Contributor

I always thought that the 30 day was good for any reason. 

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

I agree about Customer Service. I rdered a necklace, received a ring, ok mistakes happen. I called , necklace available, sent back for an exchange. It was treated as a return, I emailed, no help. I called and was told necklace no longer available. I looked it up and it was available, so I called, and was told I was welcome to reorder. I think not. I found a necklace like it on Amazon. Again, mistakes happen, but don't just give me a story. The exchange was screwed up, pure and simple.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not following you. You sent back the bracelets, then a couple of weeks later you got a letter showing why you were not getting a refund. Then you found all the paperwork, wrote a snarky note and sent all that back with the bracelets. Are you saying they sent the bracelets back to you and then you had to send them back a second time? Or am I brain dead and not getting it?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Customer "Service"

[ Edited ]

I am also confused.  You said in your post that you couldn’t find the paperwork but then you found it in 15 minutes when they bounced it back.   Perhaps whatever you included the first time was not enough to identify the transaction?   What did you send the first time?  

Trusted Contributor

shaggy girl, no you're not brain dead. I did jump through a lot of hoops--which I didn't mention because I didn't want to post a 20 page message.

And I did NOT get a letter from QVC--I was sent a check list of possible reasons why QVC declined issuing a credit because, when it comes down to brass tacks, they couldn't find the records. I suspect they didn't try very hard, even though in my FIRST letter, I sent them copies of ALL the paperwork associated with these bracelets. If I could find  the records, why couldn't they?

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirlwrote:

I'm not following you. You sent back the bracelets, then a couple of weeks later you got a letter showing why you were not getting a refund. Then you found all the paperwork, wrote a snarky note and sent all that back with the bracelets. Are you saying they sent the bracelets back to you and then you had to send them back a second time? Or am I brain dead and not getting it?

@shaggygirl

I don't think you're brain dead unless both of us are.

That's the way I interpreted the OP too, the bracelets were returned to her due to a lack of paperwork (which is readily available to her to print out via her account/orders).

But at the same time, I don't see why QVC couldn't find the order in her order status just as well, rather than her incurring more return fees.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I've never had a return refused.  It sounds like you didn't include the return paperwork and original packaging.