Esteemed Contributor
Accepted Solution

Customer Service reps deserve a thank you

I've had the pleasure of speaking with the most delightful, polite, sweet young lady CS rep. She was helping me on a return. We exchanged a few pleasentries and she thanked me for being so fun to work with. I know as humans we can become irate and impatient if things don't go well with our orders. But I wanted to share that these fine people are working hard to feed their families and let's be kind when we have an issue......remembering it's not their fault when something goes wrong. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Customer Service reps deserve a thank you

@Effie54 wrote:

I've had the pleasure of speaking with the most delightful, polite, sweet young lady CS rep. She was helping me on a return. We exchanged a few pleasentries and she thanked me for being so fun to work with. I know as humans we can become irate and impatient if things don't go well with our orders. But I wanted to share that these fine people are working hard to feed their families and let's be kind when we have an issue......remembering it's not their fault when something goes wrong. 

@Effie54 

That is very nice of you to say that.  I like being friendly with customer service, waitresses, cashiers, etc.  I went to a store last week and when I walked in one of the cashiers said to the other "there's that lady..."  It was a small store, all items probably less than $20.  She said the manager had told them to give a customer a $10 store credit.  They said they knew if I came in they would give it to me because I am always smiling and pleasant to deal with.  Smiling and compliments pay off.  $10 is not very much but the compliment was worht far more.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54 

That is very nice of you to say that.  I like being friendly with customer service, waitresses, cashiers, etc.  I went to a store last week and when I walked in one of the cashiers said to the other "there's that lady..."  It was a small store, all items probably less than $20.  She said the manager had told them to give a customer a $10 store credit.  They said they knew if I came in they would give it to me because I am always smiling and pleasant to deal with.  Smiling and compliments pay off.  $10 is not very much but the compliment was worht far more.

Awwww, that's a nice story! I like that ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Very true - it is not their fault when there is a problem with an order.  I always thank them for their help and assistance in trying to get something resolved.  I can imagine they have to deal with irate customers on a daily routine.  I also want to be kind because you never know if the CS representative could be someone who is disabled and can only do that type of work from home.

QVC Customer Care

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54 Thank you for taking the time to post this kudos, we were able to locate this young lady and have sent the praise to her team manager. 

Thanks again, 

Susan

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Susan-QVC wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54 Thank you for taking the time to post this kudos, we were able to locate this young lady and have sent the praise to her team manager. 

Thanks again, 

Susan

OMG - that's wonderful! I hope she knows that she made my day as well! Thank you for going the extra mile. She's an absolute sweetheart ❤️
Valued Contributor

Wow, sure hasnt been my experience. Ever. But your positive experience gives me hope.
Contributor

I too have had very good luck with QVC Customer Service.  The thing to keep in mind is that whatever the issue is that has caused you frustratiion was not the result of their action and they are there to help. Instead of attacking or ranting and raving,  I have found that all of the CS reps I have dealt with have empathy and a great sense of humor and respond to kindness rather than a raving looney.  A big "Thank You" is also appreciated.