Highlighted
New Contributor

Customer Service is declining

I have been a QVC customer for over 20 years.   During the past year, I have noticed a dramatic decline in customer service.    I used to order A LOT of items from QVC, but over the past six months or so I have cut back on my purchases. 

There have been five or six orders where the wrong item was sent.   Sometimes, it was the wrong size, or color, but at least once, it was the completely wrong item.   Not even similar!    When I have sent the items back, I asked for the correct item to be sent, but the return hasn't been processed that way.   They just issue a refund, and make absolutely no attempt to send the correct item.   No acknowldgment whatsoever that the wrong item was sent. 

The most recent problem is a missing pair of earrings.   I ordered them on 3/27/2020.  Today is 5/30/2020, and I STILL have not received them.   At least three weeks after I entered the order, the order status was still showing as "Processing".   About a month after entering the order, I sent an email asking where my earrings were.   I received back a "form" email saying there were some delays due to the pandemic.   I kept checking the status of the order.   It still said "processing".   A few weeks later, I sent a second email requesting more detailed information about where my item was.   I heard nothing -- no reply.    I waited another week, just to make sure I was giving them enough time.   Then I called the customer service phone #.  Waited on hold for probably 10 or 15 minutes.  Customer Service rep who answered the call was not very pleasant, but I politely explained the situation.   She looked it up, and said she would have to send an email request to another department to look into it, and I could call back in 72 hours to find out the status.    After 72 hours, I have tried several times to call for an answer.   I can't get through to  a person -- only the automated service.   No email offering any kind of explanation.   Mysteriously, however, I noticed that after that 72 hour period, supposedly my earrings have been shipped.    I still haven't received the item.    

What aggravates me is that in each of these situations (over the past year), there has been no explanation, no apology, not even an acknowledgement that a mistake happened.   I don't like that!  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Customer Service is declining

Actually it's almost gone. Such a shame.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

rules-for-good-customer-service-2948079-final2-9ac4fb29f6b14ff28a43f28dfeac08332176922831919605154.png

I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I couldn't agree more. I've had similar problems with their so-called Customer Service -- it's a total disgrace. Other companies manage to maintain their CS, i.e. Amazon, retail stores, etc.. There's absolutely NO EXCUSE for the pitiful way QVC is treating their customers, pandemic or not. They have the resources to do better and they choose not to. Every day, for the last few weeks, my inbox has been filled with pathetic form letters from them apologizing for the endless delays in my orders, ad nauseum. I say, if you can't deliver than don't sell and, at the very least, advise customers not to expect their orders in a timely manner and, more importantly, give them an option to cancel, which they refuse to do. As I said, QVC CS is a pitiful disgrace!

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

Hi @DFM 06 

Welcome to our Community Forums! 

I am very sorry for the experience you have had with the order for your earrings. I do see notes on your order that the vendor your earrings are coming from was closed until May due to COVID-19 and will be working to ship the order once reopened.

A label was created for the package on 5/21 but it has not yet reached the post office. You can wait a bit longer or I can issue a replacement order if you would like and then if the original order arrives you can return it to us. 

How would you like to proceed?

Barb

Customer Care

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

i had excellent customer service today....waited less than five minutes to speak with a rep....processed my requested refund without any issues.....very pleased.....

Highlighted
Contributor

Customer service is dead  Cat Sad  RIP

Spoiler
Spoiler
Cat Sad
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I think you need to shop giving QVC your money. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Barbara,

Thank you for responding.

As of this morning, the tracking information shows that the package is in Kansas City.  

If that is correct, it SHOULD be here in about three days.   I will wait.