Super Contributor

Customer Service Why Does This Happen? Unwanted Duplicate Order Problem

[ Edited ]

Hi, have a problem that's happened before~ I specifically called and INQUIRED last night about an order, I had gone to place it and three minutes later when i went to look FOR IT (!) on my QVC order status, it was literally NOWHERE to be found, highly unusual, waited yet another 5 or 10 minutes nothing there, so did what I could, called QVC Customer Service and ASKED THEM if it was showing up on their end, NO, NOTHING- I expressed concern on that it might show up 'magically' later which is a big problem, sadly I could not really chance it not having placed as it is a very popular item, so I had to do the great inconvenience of placing another order - of course by the time I saw much later it was placed, it can't be cancelled.
I don't understand why this happens, it is very frustrating. How is one to know if the order isn't showing up at all in their Order Status, if it is indeed been placed? And no, I had not received an email confirming the order as well.
Thanks for any help! Honestly I don't know what else as a customer you can do sadly, worry there was a glitch and re-order, or chance two orders being placed ugh.
QVC Customer Care

Re: Customer Service Why Does This Happen? Unwanted Duplicate Order Problem

@DooneyGal2 One will know that the order was placed successfully if he or she is provided an order number.  If so, there is no need to reorder the item if it has not appeared in your order status on line within a short period of time.  I hope this information is helpful.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wayne-QVC wrote:

@DooneyGal2 One will know that the order was placed successfully if he or she is provided an order number.  If so, there is no need to reorder the item if it has not appeared in your order status on line within a short period of time.  I hope this information is helpful.

@Wayne-QVC  

Actually no order number was provided in a proper amount of time and sadly it later did show up as an order. Now I have two of the item coming to me- sorry I did not make that clear. This shouldn't be happening in my opinion very inconvenient.

Super Contributor

@DooneyGal2  This has happened to me (and several others), there is another thread below. However, I did not order again. It shows up later, usually in a few hours. I also did not get a order confirmation email. I too was worried the item would sell out, but not enough so that I was going to place another order.

What @Wayne-QVC is talking about is after you hit "place order", you get the confirmation page which has your order # listed. And that's how you know your order was successful. I can verify that the 2 times this has happened to me, I did get the confirmation page.

So now you have two of the same order coming your way. Contact customer service and mail the duplicate order back and they will refund your money.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wayne-QVC This same thing just happened to me last night. I also posted about it on another thread. I placed an order, got the confirmation page but still have not received an email confirmation and it doesn't show up on my order page. I wish I had taken a screen shot of the confirmation number when I placed the order but I didn't know that I might need it. I will not order the items again because I really don't want the hassle of returning a second order if the first shows up. If I get the order in a reasonable time, great. If not, I'll order from someplace else and if the original order from QVC then shows up, I'll return and request a refund for the total price, including shipping, even though I don't want to have to deal with a return. I don't know what else to do, and I don't have the time to chase orders. If this was just a one time problem, I could understand that things happen, but I have seen this problem posted about by several people and over a few weeks (or more). Whatever is causing this glitch needs to be addressed.