Esteemed Contributor

Re: Customer Service Can You Help?

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Kitty Galore@Beth-QVC 

@Kitty Galore,  On another thread (https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Can-t-read-reviews/m-p/4805035#M26256) you said you were using an old iOS version —  8.4.1  —  on your iPad, which is a model that can be updated to the current version, iOS 9.3.5.  

Did you ever update it to the current one?

At some point, websites no longer support old operating system versions.

@dooBdoo  No I haven't yet,   Worried if I do I'll just run into even more problems. Someone I know suggested going to the apple store itself and see what they would be able to suggest.  Or ask for a new iPad for Christmas is another option😉 DH always asking what I would like.

@Kitty Galore,  I'm sorry to say I think your problem is your out-of-date iOS, and QVC can't help you until you bring your device up to speed.

Not only have you missed some important security protection in the newer software, you're also seeing an increasing number of new problems such as the ones you report in this thread -- happening as a result of using a 2015 version which has had about 12 subsequent updates.   

If you choose to continue using this very old iOS, you're also choosing to have this growing list of problems...  and QVC's IT department is going to tell you to install the most recent operating system version.    Certainly calling Apple support or visiting their store is beneficial, and I'm 100% sure they're going to tell you this very old iOS is the source of a myriad of problems -- I'm definitely wishing you the best!😊

@dooBdoo  I so get what your saying truly.  I'm sure my updating is part of the problem ,  but QVC does tend to change things around queit a bit and some feel fir no apparent reason.  When signing in where it says Hide well Hide shows the password ,  where as show is Hide!  Makes no sense!  The speed buy since last night flips between offering both to then flipping to speed buy its crazy!  It seems to me that part could be my iPad.   But I do sincerely feel the tech team is trying out things and it is causing some of us problems .    Up until 2 weeks ago I had reviews   Able to purchase with a choice and now I can't.  So guess I'll save $$ cause running to the desk top or lap top when I'm on the iPad is inconvenient.   Your great for offering great suggestions and I appreciate it and may very well update at some point.  I must say I dont have these problems elsewhere.    Thanks again 😺