Contributor

Customer Service 2019

[ Edited ]

I have been a customer for 20+ years, I shop very often (just about every week) for clothing, accessories, jewlery, beauty and household goods. I return very little, less than 3% of what I buy.

Customer service used to be very accomodating, very pleasant and would make every effort to address my needs or issues. For a few months now, I have noticed a big change. When I call with a question, for a price adjustment, or because I received a defective item or the wrong item I am now regularly met with a less than friendly customer rep. 

I recently was sent the wrong color silicone watch. Every time I received an incorrect item or a defective item over many years I would be sent out a new item immediately and was always told to return the "wrong" item at my convenience with the Q label. This time I was given a hard time when I questioned the rep, maybe the rules have changed, but I was told I had to wait for my return to be received at the warehouse and processed before the new watch could be shipped. This increases the odds of my color (or perhaps size) being sold out as it can take a full week to get to the warehouse for processing and it was QVC error. I hope a manager will see this and customer service among every single team member can go back to what it once was....... excellent.

Esteemed Contributor

It only makes good business sense to get one back before shipping another.   I haven't had your problem in decades but when something was wrong with the first shipment - to insure getting the right color or size ..........I just ordered the send one while it's still available............and then return the first.  Guess that's not being postage prudent - all depends on much you want that item.

Contributor

I am the OP, I had to call customer service AGAIN yesterday regarding a small defect in an item I received. I carefully told her why I was calling in detail and what my question was and she said "so you're saying you want A, B, C?"  << I'm using letters as an example only..... I was shocked..... I had literally said nothing even close to "A, B, or C"!!!

It's like she wasn't listening to a word I said. I am a very articulate person, no accent, I make myself very clear. The frustration with customer service continues, I need to order less.

Respected Contributor

Last month I ordered a Dooney bag I had been eyeing.  They did not have white that I wanted so I ordered the Pink and thought I could exchange for color if it came back in stock in 30 days.  Well, it did come back and I called customer service.  They suggestted I order the white one, new order, and send the pink one back and mark it "wrong color received".  It worked!  It was also noted on my account by the cs person so if it didn't work I had something to refer back to.

Contributor

That's how it used to work, they were very helpful. Glad you got your white bag!

Maybe I call customer service too much but lately they are not very nice. I am a top 1000 contributer and provide tons of positive product reviews and answer customer questions.