Respected Contributor

Re: Customer Care: Still No Tracking on Expensive Ring Shipped!

Alice, you are great.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I can rest easily now!

Respected Contributor

Both this thread and your last thread both claim the item was "stolen."  I wonder why you think that?  If a warehouse person ever stole something, they would be immediately fired, and the same with the post office/UPS.  I know they have cameras that monitor all the workers.  I do not think one item is worth the loss of a steady job, benefits, and so forth, or lack of reference for future employment.

In these days of delays, furloughed workers and limited service, it is much more likely that people just did not finish the task yet of packing, shipping or recording the tracking numbers. Everybody is overwhelmed.

Hopefully you will watch from your home on delivery day to take the package in your hand, because most thefts happen from the front porch!

Esteemed Contributor

@Devildime  what email address are you using? Most people here are emailing the Social Team and getting a response. Maybe you are emailing Customer Service instead.

A few people have given you the correct address for the Social Team. They usually respond.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Both this thread and your last thread both claim the item was "stolen."  I wonder why you think that?  If a warehouse person ever stole something, they would be immediately fired, and the same with the post office/UPS.  I know they have cameras that monitor all the workers.  I do not think one item is worth the loss of a steady job, benefits, and so forth, or lack of reference for future employment.

In these days of delays, furloughed workers and limited service, it is much more likely that people just did not finish the task yet of packing, shipping or recording the tracking numbers. Everybody is overwhelmed.

Hopefully you will watch from your home on delivery day to take the package in your hand, because most thefts happen from the front porch!

@FancyPhillyshopper 

Yrs ago when they sold jewlery here more often I would get empty boxes many times. Usually it was in the summer or around the holidays. I always assumed they were temps., hired for holidays or a  summer job.

So yes people often steal from the company they work for.