Contributor

Corky's BBQ (8) BBQ Pulled Pork Dinners

how dare you sell these for $12.50 a piece--I bought them for less than $5--this is outright price gouging--I am going to look to report you for ripping people off!!! In all of my online shopping years which is over 20 years never seen something this outrageous--I suggest selling them for the price of the 4 pack!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Corky's BBQ (8) BBQ Pulled Pork Dinners

[ Edited ]

It's "price gouging" only if the item is in short supply, has high demand, and can only be bought at QVC. Then their high price takes advantage unreasonably. As long as you have a choice where to purchase a product, and you admit you can and do purchase it elsewhere for a price you find satisfactory, you have no argument with QVC.  If people find QVC too expensive they won't buy at the QVC price. Then QVC can adjust their pricing to meet competition (which you already know exists) or they can stop offering the item. 

Until you understand economics and the actual workings of price gouging, you have nothing to "report". QVC can charge what they like. The market's willingness to accept their price regulates how successful QVC will be in selling an item priced "too high". All shoppers are expected to either look for better deals or they can choose to buy where they want at a price they find acceptable, not what you find acceptable. 

It's reasonable to help others by saying this food can be bought for less, but accusing QVC of price gouging is to show your ignorance of how market value and supply and demand work. Report to the library to learn more. Your outrage is misplaced. 

Respected Contributor

@joy51  Can I ask where you purchased them for less then $5 and when?  

It is expensive to me, but it's my choice.  I can purchase many things that are the "same" that vary in price.  For example, I can get tennis shoes for a few bucks at a discount store, or pay hundreds for a designer pair of tennis shoes.  

Really curious if you were able to buy Corky's for less then $5 including shipping to your home.  Let us know so we can all get the good deal.

Looking forward to your response......

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

It is expensive to me, but it's my choice.  I can purchase many things that are the "same" that vary in price.  For example, I can get tennis shoes for a few bucks at a discount store, or pay hundreds for a designer pair of tennis shoes.  

Really curious if you were able to buy Corky's for less then $5 including shipping to your home.  Let us know so we can all get the good deal.

I've seen it at Kroger but I don't know the cost.  

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy   No Krogers near me, but I'll have to double check my local stores again.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@CAcableGirl2 

My local Kroger, so no shipping involved.

On the west coast, Kroger = Ralph's.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

How wonderful for those that want to and can purchase this item in the grocery store at such a lower price. But there is a vast area of this country where there is no Corky's, Kroger, or Ralph's.

To me, that's where the "C" for convenience in QVC comes into play. It's delivered to your door, or the door of a loved one you're gifting it to.

The price per dinner is the same as if I drove to my local steakhouse and ordered their pulled pork dinner. Except I wouldn't be wasting gas, looking for parking, waiting for a table, stepping on peanuts, or enduring blaring county music.

We all have different priorities and place value on different things. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe they've increased the size of the serving.  The last one they offered, which wasn't cheap, was so skimpy it was just like a snack.  No way would it satisfy the appetite of most men or even a hungry woman.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Seriously? I was able to make one and a half sandwiches out of the pulled pork.

Respected Contributor

my local walmart has them available.  

i added to my pick up order Smiley Happy

love corkys and am curious about these

13oz

$4.20

they also have bbq rib dinner and bbq chicken dinner

rib $5.38

chicken $4.20

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~